1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Warhammer Armies Project Lizardmen?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by PlasmaDavid, Dec 17, 2021.

1. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

Has anyone played 8th using this slightly tweaked army list from the WAP? There's also other army books that have the same treatment, just looks like a tidy up of rules and addition of Monstrous Arcanum units.

http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.com/2017/04/ravening-hordes.html

All looks pretty good to me, though I've not actually played 8th for a long time....

(Not talking about the WAP 9th edition here)

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

A lot of the problems are still there - Troglodons still seem to be underpowered (apart from being able to carry Skink Priests rather than the single-wound Oracle character), Lizardmen still use High Magic for some reason rather than a properly Lizardman lore and I'm not keen on the idea of including the massive Forge World models into standard Fantasy games as 40K has now done (though I thought the Dread Saurian was far more powerful in Monstrous Arcanum? These new rules make it look like just a slightly tougher Carnosaur that can't be ridden). Probably the only decent things I can see are that Predatory Fighter has been clarified to be usable in supporting attacks as well (which I used anyway), Blade of Realities was made a bit cheaper and the Egg of the Quango was made slightly better.

It's not as if the Lizardman book needed changing that much anyway - I can certainly think of books that are far more deserving of a rewrite than the Lizardman one.