1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warhammer Fantasy Armies and their Theme songs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ASSASSIN_NR_1, Nov 11, 2020.

1. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

So some of my friends and I got the idea that it could be fun to give theme songs to the different armies, sparked from one of us commenting on a friends Idoneth Deepkin army, in that it reminded him of 'Under the Sea' from The Little Mermaid.

We decided to try and keep to songs from Disney movies and if not that, then at least an animated movie, though not a strict rule.

We just found the idea funny and so I wanted to share it here:

Starting with out dear lizards we cam up with a couple:

The Trail we Blaze from Eldorado, in that Lizardmen try to follow the guidelines from the Old Ones.

In kind of the same vain, we have He Lives in You from The Lion King.

You're Welcome from Moana was also a suggested, though more heavily related to The Old Ones.

As is the case for Great Spirits from Brother Bear.

So that was a lot of songs for lizards - of these I think The Trail we Blaze might be the most fitting.

Moving on to Wood Elves we only really found one, but it seemed very appropriate:

Colors of the Wind from Pochahontas.

Then we have Brettonia with A Girl Worth Fighting For, from Mulan.

The Plagues for Skaven.

Fro Chaos in general we chose Poor Unfortunate Souls.

More specifically for Daemons of Chaos we though the He Lives in You was also fitting here.

For pretty much all the Undead we decided that Friends on the Other Side from Princess and the Frog was the right choice.

Regarding Dwarves we went away from Disney/Dreamworks to choose Diggy Diggy Hole.

Now for the High Elves Playing with the Big Boys from The Prince of Egypt a possibility, though mostly how they always see themselves as better than everyone else (In these scenes in particular it is fitting to imagine Moses as the Lizardmen).

For Orcs and Goblins we think a fitting choice is How bad ca I be? from Dr. Seus' The Lorax

Now this is not all factions, but maybe someone on here would like to add or come up with better themes songs than the ones we thought of?

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Great Idea!

when I've got the time I will dig for some more ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

ASSASSIN_NR_1 likes this.
  3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

This is a fun idea.

For Dwarfs I’d suggest either ‘Hi ho hi ho’ or ‘Dig dig dig’ from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, especially as they’re sung by Dwarfs :p

I would actually say ‘The Plagues’ is better as a theme for Tomb Kings, with Moses as Nagash, the Pharaoh as Settra and the Plagues being Nagash’s necromantic spells.

For Skaven I think a great song for them is A Fair Is a Veritable Smorgasbord from the original Charlotte’s Web film. Not just because it’s sung by a rat (Paul Lynde’s hilarious Templeton) but also because it’s pretty accurate for Skaven if you replace food with Warpstone...:hilarious:

4. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

5. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

7. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Boneripper: *Roaring noises* (Gee, Thanquol. What are we doing to do tonight?)
    Thanquol: The same-same thing we do every night, Boneripper...try to take-claim the world!...and kill-slay that Slayer-thing...

8. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I'll have to take a look at that.

Very nice :D