1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Where is sotek

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Serenity, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Serenity
    Jungle Swarm

Serenity New Member

Hey guys does anyone know what happened to sotek during the end times? Was the god of serpents consumed by the gods of chaos like the rest of the gods from the old world or did he survive the cataclysm and is awaiting his triumphant return to age of sigmar.

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Good question. I have no clue.
    My money is on "consumed" though.

3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Thought Sotek was an Old One? ...thought the old ones were absent from the End Times train wreck??

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Technically Sotek is the only Lizardmen god that is not an Old One. Sotek, didn't exist apart from a vague prophecy on one plaque. Maybe this is a bad example with American history. Abraham Lincoln was not one of America's founding fathers, having come into power four score and seven years after their main work, but he is often lumped in with them because he is a very respected American political leader.

But generally when a Lizardmen writer, either officially or unofficially writes "the Old Ones" they mean "the Old Ones and Sotek."

If someone says "Skinks go here to worship the Old Ones." They usually mean "Skinks go here to worship the Old Ones and Sotek."

Though personally I've had fun writing fluff highlighting the differences between Sotek and the Old Ones and I'm not the only one.

I think the main think of whether Sotek is officially a part of Age of Sigmar depends on if the GW writers and sculpters can use the concept. On a non-cynical note, since Sotek is more active and potent than most of the Old Ones, he is more likely than the Old Ones to survive a godly cataclysm.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Weren't the Old Ones gone anyway?