1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. WoC Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by slann5, Jan 5, 2014.

1. slann5
    Skink

slann5 New Member

Hello could someone tell me why these boys can have a 2 up ward save ie dragonhelm when in their rules it states the best ward is 3 up. Thanks.

2. CAinhorn
    Skink

CAinhorn New Member

The model who has the dragon helm has armour being one point higher than usual and wearer ONLY get a 2 up ward against flaming attacks. I hope that answers your question! If it didn't please tell me.

3. slann5
    Skink

slann5 New Member

Thanks for the reply, but WoC best ward save it can have is 3 up. So why are they allowed any item like the dragonhelm or dragonbane gem which gives them a 2 up ward save against flamming attacks i do have huge problems with this army like deamon prince and that rerollable ward save, for the love of the old ones.

4. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Because it is a separate save than the previous limited save.

He can purchase a limited save through his army book, whih can maximally provide 3++, but the 2+ from dragonbane gem/helmet doesn't have this limitation because it sufferes from different rules - i is a standard magic item. I think the reason (now i might be wrong as i haven't read the WoC book) he can have both, is because the 3+ limit is that particular save that's being limited, and not wad saves in general.

To sum up - The method of acquisation is the reason.

Dragonbane gem - BRB rules - 2++ vs fire.

3+ save - WoC rulebook item / ability save which is capped - 3++

hope that helps

5. slann5
    Skink

slann5 New Member

I suppose that kind of makes sense, thanks it would be nice if the old ones gave us a rerollable ward save, oh maybe next book!