1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000pt army list, first time playing AoS

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by NorthernLizardLord, May 23, 2019.

1. NorthernLizardLord
    Skink

NorthernLizardLord New Member

Hey everyone, my local game store is looking to start running monthly AoS tournaments so I'm looking to join in with Seraphon! I played Lizards and Chaos back in Warhammer Fantasy, so I'm familiar with the lore and factions for the most part, but I haven't played in quite some time, so I'm looking for a few pointers if you'd have me.

I played the latest edition of Warhammer 40k recently, and I find AoS's rules are very close to those, so I'm already getting a good feel for the game rules, but if I'm mistaken, please let me know.

I was thinking of starting with two of the Start Collecting: Seraphon boxes and picking up a Skink caster to have a well rounded army. This is what I've come up with thus far:

Allegiance: Seraphon

LEADERS:
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur

- Blade of Realities

Skink Starpriest
    - General
    - Master of Star Rituals

UNITS:
    5 x Saurus Knights
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights
    - Lances
    20 x Saurus Warriors
    - Spears

Behemoths:
    Troglodon

Total: 970/1000

I'm hoping to go with a classic hammer and anvil strategy here with my Knights/Behmoths and Warriors, with the priest buffing my knights to kill some key targets on big charges. I don't have a ton of disposable income so the Start Collecting boxes offer the biggest value for me in the meantime, but I'll be hoping to add to it once the league increases in point values.

Thanks in advance for all tips and comments!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome back to the hobby and to Lustria Online.

Two SCboxes and Starpriest make for a decent start. If you have any questions about list please check out the thread in my signature. There are a few 1k list there that I recommend.

NorthernLizardLord likes this.
  3. NorthernLizardLord
    Skink

NorthernLizardLord New Member

Thanks! I'll be sure to check those out. Thanks for the help!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!