1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 shadow slann

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by tom, Jul 5, 2018.

1. tom
    Skink

tom Member

Hi

I'm looking for a list critique on the following :

Heroes
    Slann star master - General, great rememberer
    Skink star priest - wraithbow (ulgu)
    EOTG - ethereal amulet (ulgu)

Units
    20 Skinks - shields and bolt spitters
    20 Skinks - shields and bolt spitters
    6 terradons - javelins, skyblade - hidden in the clouds
    5 saurus knights - blades
    5 saurus knights - blades

Spells
    Chromatic cogs
    Geminids

Battalions
    Shadowstrike

Total wounds 99
    Total points 1500

The idea is to deploy defensively with the skinks around the heroes with the knights ready to march forwards and capture objectives.
    Initiative doesn't overly matter since you are relatively protected from alpha. On your turn you bring the terradons down, drop bombs on a choice target shoot it dead then charge to either finish it off or take a secondary target.
    The skinks get double teleported up and tag whatever you point at with the skink. Ideally leave them between objectives and the enemy army so they need to go through or around 40 skinks.

The skink summons cogs and the slann uses them to pump out 20 Skinks a turn or saves for a big monster t2 depending on the battle plan and enemy army.

The eotg can be used to summon even more, or thrown up as another threat.

Not convinced of the artefacts and its a big point commitment to tie up the enemy army (most of the shadowstrike) however my experience with objective gaming so far has shown this can definitely work though..

2. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

I would definitely look to add a Astrolith Bearer to your list! In my person opinion knights on their own are not worth it. Skinks are really fast, so I think you don't need to worry about not being fast enough to capture objectives. Knights without buffs or other Sarus synergies will disappoint you. Maybe consider moving some points around to get a AB and buff up your skink numbers? I also would run 20 - 10 - 10 units over 20 -20. You will lose your size bonuses really fast with only 20 skinks and breaking them apart gives you more freedom to move them around!

Just food for thought!

3. tom
    Skink

tom Member

Regarding the bearer, I've been using the reroll 1s from the slann which doesn't leave enormous need for the totem, noting that most of this list isn't hitting on 3s so that can probably be rethought compared to my other lists.

The knights I generally get good value out of, possibly because my buddy plays nighthaunt and therefore rend is irrelevant. The knights have 4 attacks each and 2 wounds so don't immediately evaporate with all the mw he throws out. Don't get me wrong they can't stand and fight either but I feel like they get a lot of stick on these forums (perhaps fairly)

4. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

I'm glad that the knights are working for you! I honestly think the AB is worth it just for the extra summoning points and the flexibility it gives when summoning the new units. It is awesome that you can teleport the AB and then summon units from it. It gives you a huge range and more flexibility.

If you don't have an AB, you are missing out on D3 points per turn and all your summoned units have to be within 12" of the Slann, which is probably hiding with the cogs behind a piece of terrain lol.

5. theodoris
    Cold One

theodoris Member

@tom
    - wraithbow (ulgu)
    - ethereal amulet (ulgu)
    were can you find these items, i have searched all books, but can find no anwser what they are or what they do.
    Did you use other names?

6. theodoris
    Cold One

theodoris Member

Maybe an silly question, but you need an skink priest for the "Shadowstrike" .
    Can you use the skink priest on the EOG for the Battalion UNITS REQUIRED?
    Or do you need to buy the extra priest?

7. tom
    Skink

tom Member

Theo you need a skink priest or a skink star priest for the battalion so I fulfil the criteria.

The artefacts are from the Malign sorcery expansion, there are 12 artefacts from each realm and you can choose which realm your army comes from during list building.

The wraithbow is roll 6 dice in shooting phase and each 6 is a mortal wound, 18" range.
    The ethereal amulet makes the bearer immune to rend but cannot benefit from any + to saves either..

Crowsfoot and theodoris like this.