1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2500 point all comer semi-competitive tournament list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Scalenex, May 24, 2014.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Found out about a nearby tournament fairly short notice. Fortunately I have a number of lists in my Battlescribe Library.

I write, edit, and compile tacticas, but some of it is theoryhammer. Thus I'm going to test out some things that one wouldn't normally see in a vanilla tournament list.

Slann, Book of Ashur, Wandering Deliberations, Soul of Stone, Becalming Cognition, Iron Curse Icon, BSB Standard of Discipline

I haven't tried a Book of Ashur Slann yet, and I do like WD Slann so this is overdue. I know some guy named Scalenex wrote you don't need Soul of Stone with a WD Slann, but i have miscast on two dice enough times I'm paranoid

Scar Veteran, Cold One Great Weapon, Armor of Destiny.

I haven't tried an unsupported Cowboy in ages, but I need the high strength attacks to back up my WD Slann and I can't afford a bus.

Skink Priest, Cube of Darkness

Figured I'd go sans Dispel Scroll for a change of pace, I have no idea whether I want Beasts or Heavens, I may flip a coin before the tourney.

25 Sword and Board Saurus Warriors, FC
    20 Cohort Skinks with FC
    14 Skink Skirmishers with Patrol Leader
    13 Skink Skirmishers with Patrol Leader

Basic Core I guess. The one has 14 because I am OCD about spending EXACTLY my points allowance. I pretty much always take 20 Cohort Skinks to occupy a building and be annoying. They did okay last tournament which fortunately had a building with special rules in the center of EVERY table EVERY scenario.

5 Chameleon Skinks
    6 Kroxigor + Ancient
    23 Temple Guard, FC

TG are basic, Chameleon Skinks are versatile, and I like my Kroxigor.

Salamander with Snack
    Salamander with Snack
    Troglodon with Divining Rod

Salamanders make up for my lack of nuke spells. the Troglodon is there because I am a contrarian who likes unpopular unit choices. I figure Razordon have their niche co-opted by a WD Slann, so I'm taking the Troglodon to hopefully boost my three PF units and maybe help me shoot some magic missiles.

Other than the fact that I only have one cannon magnet rather than the nigh mandatory two, I don't think I'm making any major omissions.

I got chaff removal, heavy hitters, crowd blasting, redirection, building occupation, mage bunkering, and a unit of war machine killers.

2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Looks solid enough for the things you want to try out I guess (not sure for Lizardmen as I haven't played with them or against them yet, but looking from my experience as an Empire player)

Though I wonder why you take 13/14 in the skirmishers and why you aren't keeping them at the "standard" 10

3. Scalenex
    Slann

With 13 Skirmishers you need to lose four Skinks to force a panic test rather than three. It makes a bigger difference then you think. The one unit had 14 because I had points left over.

I'll put a tournament summary up fairly soon. I just need to figure out which photos I want to use. I did not win, but I did okay. I got fourth place out of six players. The winner was Wood Elves, the only player who won three out of three games. No one knew what to expect against them and that cost us all.

4. Izzetmaster
    Skink

Izzetmaster New Member

The new Wood Elves are tricky, man. I think Solar Engine toting Bastiladons along with Iceshard Blizzard spam are our best bet. Once we dissect the army book completely I'm sure we'll have a go to answer for them.

Fourth place isn't bad at all, man. Looking forward to seeing a summary.

5. Scalenex
    Slann