1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k Firelance

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Boshea, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

Kind of work in progress list from what learned in
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/bloodclaw-or-fangs-for-sauri-army.21512/

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Vast Intellect
    - Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
    Skink Starseer (200)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    - War Spear

Battleline
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    - Spears
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Lances

Battalions
    Firelance Starhost (150)

Endless Spells
    Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
    Malevolent Maelstrom (20)
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1680 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 7
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 98

Still have a decent chunk of points to play with and not really sure what to throw them at. For other models I have to work with I have a few more priests, more Knights, more Carnos, Trog, Sunblood, Cham Skinks, and Footblood. Could probably kit bash an Astrolith as well. Not sure how to work with the last few points for models or more spells. Biggest thing I learned from my game with the Bloodclaw is that a Slaan is pretty much mandatory in a list. Starseer probably not as much, but its a gorgeous model and its an easy spell that could net two mortal wounds off some charging knights.He's also another safe model to give the Aetherquatz brooch. Malevolent Maelstrom seems like a cheap endless spell to annoy enemy wizards with, and teleporting a skink up as a cast point keeps it away from the Starseer and Slaan safe from it.

So just look for thoughts on the groundwork and how to work with the last 300 points.

2. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

With the starseer and slann, you should probably throw in an Engine of the Gods. That leaves 100 more points for maybe 5 knights or 10 skinks and geminids, or to bump the Battalion to Dracothion's tail and drop Maelstrom for Geminids. I think Aetherquartz Brooch would be better served on the carnosaur, so you can put Rectrices on the Slann and maybe bring lens as the 3rd relic on the engine.

3. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

Engine isn't going to be an option until I get what I have painted. Forgot I could do Dracothion though, and being able to teleport guys in would let me keep the Warrior horde safe until I want them somewhere. Reminds of a Dracothian list I did have planned with two Firelances.

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    Skink Starseer (200)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Warblade
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades

Battalions
    Dracothion's Tail (80)
    Firelance Starhost (150)
    Firelance Starhost (150)

Endless Spells
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)
    Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
    Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 1960 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 3
    Wounds: 95

Can keep half the knights in reserve to keep them safe, and then use the double teleports to pull knights out of combat and recharge. Also had the option of just dropping all the spells save Cogs, and upping the second Vet to a Carno as well.

For something closer to what I originally started with

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    Skink Starseer (200)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Warblade

Battleline
    40 x Saurus Warriors (360)
    - Clubs
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Blades

Units
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

Battalions
    Dracothion's Tail (80)
    Firelance Starhost (150)

Endless Spells
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)
    Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
    Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 1920 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 3
    Wounds: 103

Still have 30 points to throw at a cheap endless spell. Add in Geminids for magic,Chameleons for annoyance, and the Tail. Quick question on the tail. Could I use it to keep the priest in reserver and just drop him where I want to shoot spells from? If that's the case I may drop the Chams for a second priest.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think I don't get the double lance. What is the reasoning behind using that instead of making the units bigger? Except maybe that you retain the buff for some units when the hero of the other bataillon dies.
    Nor sure if that is worth 150 points.

Also: with three predatory spells, aren't you scared that your enemy will use them against you? The pendulum is rather safe, but the other two might cause problems if your opponent decides to go second if he wins an initiative roll.

5. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

I think my reasoning was to take better advantage of double teleport and Draco reserves. I agree that one lance with three units of 10 i sprobably vetter and frees up 250 points.

Not sure concerned with the other predators since you can them pretty far away from your important stuff by casting through a skink. Maelstrom should be well out of range of my casters, and I expect it to eat a dispell most turns so my opponent doean't deal with double unbinds the entire phase. Geminids I put in due to the recomendation and it should be pretty easy to keep away from important stuff it cast in the right area and needs to touch a unit to affect them.