1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k FoS Competitive?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Nart, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (320)
    - Spell: Celestial Apotheosis
    Skink Starseer (140)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Celestial Harmony
    Skink Priest (70)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
    - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger

Battleline
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

Units
    12 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240)
    12 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240)
    12 x Razordon Hunting Pack (240)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Bound Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (70)
    Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 140

Not much to say, I think. Large skink blob with poison shots, which can reatreat from combat and gain 3+/2+ against melee/shooting; 3 hunting packs is the fist. Razordons may be handy too, because they are nice target for poison, if skink blob dies and can shoot up to 3d6 per model per turn and can overwatch (and because I have only 6 sallies). Support heroes, well, everyone already know, what they do.

What I think about is whether FoS or DT for this build. Dropping 3 hunting packs from heavens is great, but overwatch+retreat is also very good. I also think about sacrificing Geminds and Razordons in favour of 6 kroxigor.

Dr.Doom, Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  2. Ustyk
    Cold One

Ustyk Active Member

I dont know how you gona make skinks shooting 2+3+ can you explain?

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I think they meant for their saves. Or 2+ save vs Shooting attacks.

Dr.Doom, Lizerd, Nart and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ustyk
    Cold One

Ustyk Active Member

okay ! now everything is clear :D

5. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Yes, I mean, it is save rolls.

Played a test game against Ossiarch in TTS. He concided turn 2 after my double turn, because we played places of arcane power and I killed his heroes.

Tried realmshaper engine. I thought, for some reason, that it affects all terrain on the board, but it still was very nice. I've got lucky and placed Kroak in it on deployment. The RSE was in the centre of my territory and covered a bunch of pieces. The only one that wasn't within 36" is a lone barricade on the other side of the board. It dealt a bunch of mortal wounds to his heroes because of the double turn. I've just managed to kill his heroes with salamanders and mortal wounds. Basically, he only managed to kill 5 handlers, while I took out 20 mortek unit, Arkan, Soulmasson, Kavalos and 10 deathriders. Our damage is insane.

Skinks are still good speedbumps, especially in Starborne, where you can summon 10 more. FoS mobility is ridiculous. And skinks are amazing. Dealt 8 MW to 20x mortek unit and 17 saves total. If only there wasn't 3+ rerolling 1's save. Razordons are still feel worse, but their range helped a bit, since it was hard to place all the salamanders so they can reach enemy turn 1.

And geminids are great. They are pretty easy to pilot and that's a lot of mortal wounds.

I need more tests, but list seems doing very good so far.

6. Shadowkaos
    Skink

Shadowkaos New Member

Two things to consider, bound flaming skull gives all models in 9” reroll 1’s. Skink priests can make a Salamander unit run/shoot/charge and +1 to armor on a 3+ and for a command point give +1 to hit and when combined those two models can make a sally unit hit on 2’s rerolling 1’s with 3+ armor (Kroak can make 2+) and run/charge/Shoot.

7. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I tried Burning Head once - I don't think that Starborne will benifit from it much, because of teleports and such. Coalesced will benifit from it way more.

All bonuses from priest are better be stacked on skink blob. Sallies already have 4+ save and can be taken in cover. And they are easier to LoSaT. But yes, when you definitely want something dead, it can be stacked to sallies. But I will prefere Hand of Glory or Volley Fire in this case.

Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  8. Shadowkaos
    Skink

Shadowkaos New Member

Ideally I would use it in Dracothian Tail, putting all your sallies and one skink screen in reserves and teleporting your Kroak within 10" to use his 3 cast version of comets call, then popping out the flaming head and bringing in all of your Sallies in one spot to all benefit from rerolling 1's. Have a skink screen to place in front of Kroak. Any rerolling 1's is a chance for another 6 causing mortals on the hit. Turn 2 teleport Kroak somewhere else.

I have a list I am working on that has 4 units of max Sallies, a skink priest and skink screen coming in from reserves and the rest is all min sized skinks to be on the table in turn 1. The alphastrike potential is very good. Unfortunately my gaming group's store is shut down at the moment so I can't test the theory live yet.

9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Only downside is that you will need double turn to pull it off as alpha strike. DT now drops at the End of the Movement Phase instead of in the Hero Phase.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  10. Shadowkaos
    Skink

Shadowkaos New Member

Certainly the order of hero phase management will affect where spells/buffs can go but you have a lot of options, like using the alphastrike to wipe out a wing of the enemy or a specific unit that is a key part of your enemies army or not using all of the army at once in the teleport.

11. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

What I meant to say is that Kroak can't LoSaT to use his spells. LoSaT and DT deployment happen at the End of the Movement Phase. So, you would need a double turn. The Sallies can still shoot though.

Dr.Doom and Nart like this.
  12. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Yes, the only thing, that Kroak would be able to provide is Volley fire. Which is still pretty good.

13. Komodo
    Jungle Swarm

Komodo New Member

Also rerolling 1s to hit wont effect skinks causing mws on 6s, as its wound rolls of 6 sorry to be that guy. But i see it will help with sallys ;)

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. Alladin the Paladin
    Chameleon Skink

Alladin the Paladin Well-Known Member

80 shots will give you approx twelve 1’s to hit, assuming you have them buffed to hit on 4+, that’s another 6 successes after rerolls, and then 1 MW on the wound roll.

Every bit counts! :D

Nart and LizardWizard like this.
  15. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Beat me too it :D

Alladin the Paladin and Nart like this.
  16. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Exactly. Rerolling 1's = more hits = more wound rolls. Also, don't underastimate skinks standard damage. I think, I'm forcing about 15-17 saves per volley, which is pretty good against low save.

Krissey and LizardWizard like this.