1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 750 beginners tournament

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Nukes4life, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

Hey all,
    I am going to a beginners tournament this saturday and was wondering what to add to my list.
    I really like the eternal starhost so was thinking about going with that.
    • 1 Saurus Eternity Warden
    • 3 units of Saurus Guard
    • eternal starhost
    this would add up to 520 points so I have 230 left. I dont have the bastiladon, kroxigor and razorbacks but most other seraphon units should be possible.
    Do you think this is an okay block to start off with?

thanks in advance!
    Nukes

Ritual likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I'd add a priest and a unit of Chameleon Skinks failing that go for 2 units of skinks and a skink chief

Ritual likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's a brutal list for 750. Which is not a lot of points.
    I can not imagine a lot of armies beating an Eternal Starhost at 750.

I'd also go for a priest I think. And maybe something that shoots. Either a group of Chameleon Skinks as @Crowsfoot suggested, or two Razordons. The latter ones can mess up people charging your line and if you get those 2d6 attacks they can shoot damn well. Especially since the battlefield will be small, the 12" range will not be that bad and you get the rend -1 when shooting short distances. No rerolls without handlers but that's not too severe IMO.

Ritual likes this.
  4. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

dont have chameleons sadly nor the razordon. Would you pick 13 skinks or 2 salamanders? Was thinking as well that some shooting is needed.
    thanks for the fast replies!

BTW do you guys know if I can make the temple guard into one big unit and sill have the Eternal Starhost count? Or do they have to be 3 units

Ritual likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

13 skinks? has to be units of 10

you need 3 units of Guard, minimum is 3*5.

Ritual likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Salamanders will probably work, although their range is even poorer, at least without handlers, and they only have one attack each. If it hits that will make a major difference though. With Skinks I would play:
    • 1 Saurus Eternity Warden
    • 3 units of five Saurus Guard
    • Eternal Starhost
    • 20 Skinks
    • Skink Chief to buff them.

Crowsfoot and Ritual like this.
  7. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

thanks for the advice! I thought the remainder of the points could be used to add models to a unit at the set point/model cost :eek:
    can I fit 20 skinks and a chief in 230 points? The skinks are 80 per 10 right. I use the point values from internet and can't find the skink chief on them. I think the 20 skinks+chief would be a strong addition! I'd have to make the skink the general for the command ability right.
    Thanks for the help guys!

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Skink chief is 60 points so you will have 30 points left over .

Aginor likes this.
  9. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

All right so it is either 20 skinks and the chief or a priest and 10 skinks. Then the 20 skinks would be the better option indeed. Thanks guys!

Aginor likes this.
  10. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

20 skinks and chief for skinks to attack, other wise 10 skinks and a Starpriest or Priest and they could make your guard nearly unkillable.

11. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

I played both lists todat and think the priest reroll armour saves is really strong nut the Skinks were absolute trash. I could use some flyers or a troglodon instead of the priest and skinks. Or do you think chat would weaken the list?

I also had trouble if there were multiple ovjectives, the low range of the buffs makes it hard to split up the guards

12. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

Skinks aren't trash its just how you use them, The 20 skinks and a chief however would be the weaker option because the skinks aren't large enough to do damage, they would still run for objectives with a marginal chance to hit slightly better or you could split them 2x10 to snag quick points while you get some kills in and move troops later to hold objectives. Troglodon is a good heavy support especially if you have a Slann that can cast its spell through the Trog and the Trog itself can unbind a spell but with what you are running i don't think it would be your best option to add. I can't say much about our Terradons as I've never used them, but the Rippers are pretty strong and even without the formation to deep strike them they have such a good move that you could maneuver them to still try to get assassinations with them.

13. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

I really dont know how to play the skinks then :p they get owned by everything and shooting has hit like 2 wounds in 2,5 game :/ I could get the priest and another 5 temple guard too. buffing my eternal starhost and putting all the eggs in one basket. The multiple objectives would make it hard. The difficult part is that rippers and the priest would get me 10 points above the limit so doesn't fit sadly. Would love that though.