1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 750pt tournament

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by sorrowquin, Feb 2, 2014.

1. sorrowquin
    Cold One

sorrowquin New Member

Hey folks!

My local store is hosting a smallish 750pt tournament with 12 players. No real meta, just about any army will be present ^^

Here's the list I came up with:

20 Saurus, Hw+S, FC

Bastilladon, solar engine

3 Ripper

Salamander

750 on the nose.

My thoughts building the list.

Bastilladon
    This was my very first choice because I wanted something to use my magic dice on. The Bastilladon is not the fiercest monster there is but at this point lvl it's actually really nice to have something cause terror. Also, against str 3 infantry it's decent enough in CC and thunderstomps can do some dmg. The Solarbeam can help me to get rid of chaff and maybe pick on some heavy armored dudes.

Cowboy
    Just the solid fighter we want. Hits hard enough to deal with 1+ saves and is very durable at this point lvl with his own rerollable 1+

Saurus
    I could also go all Skinks but that's not really my style. A solid block is more like it. They cost more than 25% of points but less than 20 is not durable enough IMO. To prevent them from being outmaneuvered I can use the Solarbeam and my Rippers.

Rippers
    Terradons may be more useful at this lvl, not really sure. But they can really turn the tide if I face some Elite Infantry my Saurus can't deal with on their own. Mark them with the toad, send the Rippers in the flank with Saurus in front - good times.

Sally
    Quick, panic causing template, can even deal with squishy chaff in CC - what's not to love?

What do you guys think?

2. goomba
    Skink

goomba New Member

I like it. I would target your opponents toughest unit with the Bastilodon lazer and Salamander until you have to engage then I would toss the Rippers at it. At that point level units shouldn't be too big so there will be like nothing left after that and your saurus block can pick on smaller, weaker units for easy vp. Unless it's elves or anything with I5 cause even 5 elites would trash the Rippers before they get to strike.