1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

A sub-forum for 9th Age?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Feb 28, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I was just wondering if there are any plans to create a separate sub-forum for 9th Age. Although it is not nearly as popular as AoS, 9th Age seems to have significantly more traffic surrounding it than KoW's Salamanders.

I was thinking that it may be worthwhile to give it its own sub-forum and leave the Lizardmen forum for 8th edition (or earlier) Warhammer. Or are we viewing it as more of a natural continuation 8th edition?

Just a thought; I'm curious to see what others think.

2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

We have this discussion on a broader scale over on Empire, and the biggest thing going is not make to much sub forums as more of those will make the forum look dead / less active.
    I think the tagging system is great as it is now for 8th (and earlier) and 9th. Seeing the traffic for KoW I would even suggest to cancel those subforums and merge them in with their own tag.

3. The Red Devil
    Troglodon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Personally I consider it more of a natural continuation of 8th ed. and with the tag system, I dont believe there will be too much confusion around keeping it as it is now.

In addition, when 9th Age goes out of beta, I believe we will get less posts about 8th as well, since many people sitting on the fence now, will progress to 9th Age.

Yes, I am surprised on the low level of traffic we have received there, as I received a bunch of requests for a KoW section. I think we will give it some more time, at least until Salamanders have been officially launched before deciding on the forums, but it might be a better idea to merge it into a Tag as well.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.