1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amzons for my LM army Conversion

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Fuzoya, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Fuzoya
    Skink

Fuzoya New Member

I know they arent really for the lizardmen army, but I bought them to use them as dogs of war in my army.
    And well... they all dwell in the same jungle don't they? :- )
    Anyways, the thing is that I bought 16 amazons, and I got 8 different models which comes in pairs.
    So, for Anaconda, the champion I decided to convert a little bit....

This is the first time I have used green stuff till now, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out
    and the fact that I actually managed to do make anything at all with it.

Tell me your thoughts, and keep in mind that the model isnt finished converted yet!

If you want I can post more pics later if I manage to come up with something else to add

2. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

Can you post a pic of the original model without the conversion so we can see the differences?

That's an old model and it would be good to have a point of reference to see what changed.

3. Fuzoya
    Skink

Fuzoya New Member

This is the original model (with hands attached).
    As stated in first post, its not finished yet, so I will add something else and try to improve whats done to it so far.

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Looking good to me so far, good luck with it, unfortunatly dogs of war are on the way out of this game. But have fun with your conversions and keep us posted :)

5. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

So basically all you did to make her a champion is give her a boob job? Or am I missing something...

6. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

It isn't finished yet, Little Wolf, as the OP clearly states in the post.

7. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

thats what i was thinking, oh well there cool models, where did you get them?
    do you have rules for them and what are you going to replace her hands with

8. Fuzoya
    Skink

Fuzoya New Member

Hey, the champion will get some further conversion, but I need some inspiration for the next step though.
    You can order those models from the Mordheim section on the GW site, under Amazons :)
    I'll try to give her tribal tattoos or warpaint or something when I paint her, but thats later I guess..

Also I got the rules yeah, they are in the Warhammer Realms Lustria book which came out a few years ago :)
    They all got hands with weapons, just need to attach them. I was thinking about making her hold her sword up towards the sky, but I am pretty new to working with greenstuff so I need some planning and some more inspiration before I cut off her arm.

The reason I posted the model this early in the progress is mainly because I would like to hear some feedback :oops:

edit : the reason I gave her a "boob job" was because I wanted to make her different and I was talking with some friends on ventrilo and asked for advice for what I should do to her and one of them said "make her boobs larger!".
    I was thinking for myself....why not? their leader surely need something to show that shes the boss!

9. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

bad point-but then she might not be able to run as fast :)

good point- impact hits ;)

10. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

If you wanna make her stand out, you could try maybe adding a cape. Also a good way to make models stand out is change their weapon, or make them stand out in some way. Also I would suggest for them googling both astec and amazon referance, referance is key for any artist job.

11. Fuzoya
    Skink

Fuzoya New Member

I've gotten some ideas from googling amazon, havent tried astec yet, but I will do!

12. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

I think it's usually spelled Aztec (not Astec) so that should give you more hits :)

13. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

ya that was my typo :oops:

14. Minxz
    Skink

Minxz New Member

Any updates on this? I am building a lizardman army and want to add an Amazon mercenary band but am still not clear if its legal or not.

15. Fuzoya
    Skink

Fuzoya New Member

Wow! Long time since I've posted here.. I kinda gave up the amazons for a little while as I had loads of other stuff to paint. Also I have no idea if its legal to use them anymore.
    I didnt finish the first one, but I finished this one and started on the others a little.

This is how the first finished one turned out at least...sorry about all the dust on it :p

The image is pretty big, so I'll just leave a link here for it

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6984/amazoncom1.jpg

It looks better in real life than in those pics imo though :)

16. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like her very neat, love the little feather covering her bum

17. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

This made me laugh

18. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Haha ya man I need to proof read my posts. Should have read them stand out in some OTHER way