1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS 2.0 Dread Saurian

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Vexcor, Jun 21, 2018.

1. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Last weekend I found a laser cut rectangular base made by IRONHEARTARTISANS at a friendly but not very local games store. The FBNVLGS had it in an aisle where everything was half price.

It is 240x80mm and they were letting it go for ~$2.50 US. What do you Lizards think of that size for a Dread Saurian’s Base?

@NIGHTBRINGER what belongs on such a base in 8th ed.? It would hold infantry 12 wide X 4 deep, Or 10 Cavalry wide without a second rank...

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I know of nothing with that sized base. 240mm deep is absolutely huge. I think even an Arachnarok Spider only has a 100X150mm base.

3. Byte
    Saurus

Byte Member

Hello everyone. First of all, sorry for my english. One question. Is it legal to play with a Dread Saurian in Age of Sigmar? Thank you very much.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yes it is. :)

5. Byte
    Saurus

Byte Member

Great notice. This os one of my favourites miniatures.

And is It competitive? Is It possible to play with "she"?

And more important, Is It still on sale?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  6. Satt
    Skink

Satt New Member

The Dread Saurian is sold through Forge World rather than Games Workshop/Warhammer shops directly. They are sold either online or physically in Warhammer World in Nottingham (they're definitely in stock, I saw a box for one in the store today). Here's a link to the FW page: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Dread-Saurian-2018?_requestid=2480094

It is worth noting that the entire sculpt is cast from resin which will behave differently to typical GW plastics and might need to be treated differently at first.

On that page you will see a tab called "downloads". These are the rules used for the DS in AoS matched play. Points for it can be found on the Warscroll builder (https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/) or the AoS app, whichever you find easiest. As of the latest point listings the DS costs 420 points which is a substantial investment in any army. Beyond that I can't say I'm experienced enough to give an opinion on building a competitive list around the model.

Imrahil and Killer Angel like this.
  7. Byte
    Saurus

Byte Member

Thank you for tour response, Satt.

I'm thinking...maybe, this miniatures doesn't seem to be the best to start.
    And is...very expensive. :-O

ChapterAquila92, Imrahil and Ixt like this.