1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AOS CAMPAIGN WARBAND COMPETITION

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ, Sep 11, 2016.

1. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ Member

All right followers of the old ones GW has issued a Generals handbook which includes different types of play the Seraphon can participate in any of the types of play except for Narrative Play, this includes The campaign mode where you can set up a War band and campaign against the other factions of the AOS. To tackle this issue and prevent us from waiting for an official to come out (if there will ever be one) we want a community created Warband table for all the Seraphon players to use and to prevent being kept away from the fun! Now we are hosting a competition as too who can create the best (and the fairest) warband campaign table, the rules are as stated below.

· The warband table must require only seraphon units

· The warband table cannot exceed the strength of the other races

· One is required to have red the Path to Glory chapter of the Generals handbook from the GW

· The follower’s reward table and the champions reward table must have a connection to the seraphon.

· All warband plans must be posted before the deadline the 30th of September

· And finally let your creativity Flow!

Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.
  2. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

Champion table:
    Champion Followers
    Oldblood on Carnosaur 5 units
    Scar-Vet on Carnosaur 5 units
    Scar-Vet on cold one 6 units
    Slann Starmaster 6 units
    Sunblood 7 units
    Oldblood on Foot 7 units

Followers Table
    D6Followers
    1- 10 skinks
    2- 10 warriors
    3- 5 guard
    4- 5 knights
    5- 5 chameleon skinks
    6- 3 kroxigor

Monster Followers
    D6 Followers
    1-2 1 unit of 2 razordons or salamanders with 3 handlers
    3 1 unit of 3 terradon riders or 3 ripperdactyl riders
    4- 1 stegadon
    5- 1 bastiladon
    6- 1 troglodon

Hero Followers
    D6 Followers
    1- skink star priest
    2- skink priest
    3- eternity warden
    4- starseer
    5- astrolith bearer
    6- engine of the gods

Followers Reward Table
    D6 Reward
    1 Primal Hunters: this unit can re-roll run rolls and charge rolls.
    2 Cold Blood: this unit doesn't take battleshock
    3 Blood of Light: when this unit take a wound, roll a dice for every unit of CHAOS DEMONS within 3", those units take a mortal wound on 4+.
    4 Eternal Protectors: once per battle, this unit can take a defensive position in the hero phase. Until your next hero phase, this unit cannot move, run, charge, it gets +1 to save rolls and +1 attack with jaws and shields.
    5 Celestial Adepts: Once per battle, in the hero phase, this unit can let the light of azyr bright and explode from their bodies. Until the next hero phase, every enemy unit targeting this unit have a -2 to hit. Every CHAOS DEMONS unit within 5" of this unit also take D3 mortal wounds.
    6 Jungle Runners: this unit get +2" to the move charatteristic.

Champion Rewards Table
    2D6 Result
    2 Tricked by Destiny: If the champion is slain you lose 1 glory point (to a minimum of 0) and a random reward you get in the past battles. If this reward is not forgotten by this way, it remains in the next battles.
    3 Bloody Smell: if this hero is within 12" of an enemy wounded unit, it must charge that unit. If he succesfully charge, he can re-roll any wound rolls until next hero phase.
    4 Echoing Roar: once per battle, this hero can fiercely roar in the battle. If he do so, he and all the warband gets +1 to hit for the rest of the turn.
    5 Strenght of Heavens: in every combat phase, this hero can add 1 to the wound inflicted of one of his attacks. If he is fighting a CHAOS DEMONS unit, all of his attacks gets +D3 wound.
    6 Meteoric Celestite: Choose one weapon used by the champion (it can not be a weapon used by the mount if the champion has a mount) Increase the rend characteristic of that weapon by 1.
    7 Hard Skin: Add 1 to the wounds characteristic of the champion.
    8 Millenary Coldness: Add 1 to the bravery characteristic for the champion and all units from the warband that are within 8" of the champion in the battleshock phase.
    9 Dracothion Shield: if this hero gets a mortal wound, roll a dice: with 6 or more, the wound is denied.
    10 Imposing Presence: every enemy unit withing 8" of this hero, gets a -1 on their battleshock rolls. If this hero make a wound on a unit, that unit gets -2 on his battleshock test for that phase.
    11 Blessed by the Sky: once per battle, the hero can call for the help of the stars. Roll 3 D6, every enemy unit within that distance get D3 mortal wounds on 4+. CHAOS DEMONS units get the wounds on 2+.
    12 Champion of Azyr: Once per battle in your hero phase, you can heal all wounds on your Champion. If u did so, until the next hero phase, he gets +1 to save rolls, and +1 to wound rolls.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    $lav3_N8, Sudaj, Wazz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Fantastic job on this. I really like "blood of light" and "celestial adepts" really awesome

Wazz and Luplon like this.
  4. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Sorry for the old school paper and pencil format. I was feeling like everyone ese about getting left out of the fun and made one up and posted it in a differnet thread! I got all of the follower and champion rrwards from other armies thinking it might help with fairness! If anyone has any questions about something just ask I know my handwriting isnt great lol. Screenshot_20160911-213748.png Screenshot_20160911-214401.png Screenshot_20160911-214338.png

Bowser likes this.
  5. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Okay so never having played a game before in laymens terms is this competition design a - Lizardmen vs Lizardmen fighting scenario to play out?

6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

No, it's more like a mordheim style of play in AOS. So you have a leader and a small warband. They get perks and equipment the more battles they survive

Sudaj likes this.
  7. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Ah ha so like in the LOTR competitions I played this guy I equipped with more things to signify upgrades award by the rules we were playing -

IMG_2915.JPG IMG_2916.JPG

Not the best :p he did have a spear but he ended up with a crossbow and some stuff - some ammo pouches on his side and dwarven darts - because logic as a kid is flawed :p but - this would be what the rulesets we make signify upgrades to units?

Wazz and Bowser like this.
  8. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

ummm this is a competition...

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Alright here is a skink based one, using the legacy units. Of course if you don't have the actual models, you can modify or use a reasonable proxy.

The Living Legacy

Champion Table:

Troglodon 5 Followers

Skink Starseer 6 Followers

Oxyotl 7 Followers

Skink Chief 7 Followers

Tehenhauin 7 Followers

Infantry Followers Table:

D6- Followers

1-5 Chameleon Skinks

2-10 Skinks

3-3 Kroxigor

4-2 Razordon/Salamander with handlers

5-3 Ripperdactyls/Terradon

6-5 Saurus Guard/5 Saurus Knight or 10 Saurus Warriors

Monstrous Followers

D3 Followers

1/2- Engine of the Gods

3/4- Stegadon

5/6- Bastiladon

Champion Followers

D6 Followers

1-Skink Priest

2-Skink Startpriest

3-Astrolith Bearer

4-Eternity Warden

5-Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur

6-Troglodon

Followers Reward Table
    D6 Reward

1- The Speed of Starlight: At the beginning of the game you may choose not to set this unit up instead in any movement phase you may set up this model anywhere on the board more than 9 inches away from an enemy model.
    2- Insatiable Bloodlust: this unit doesn't take battle shock
    3- Poisoned Weapons: if the wound roll for a celestite weapon carried by a model from this unit is 6 or higher and it charged in the same turn, the attack inflicts an additional mortal wound.
    4- Duck and Weave: in your hero phase you can declare duck and weave defense. This unit can not take any action during the movement phase, this turn when you make save rolls for models in this unit, ignore enemy's rend characteristic unless it is -3 or better and re-rolls failed save rolls.
    5- Sotek Cultist: models in this unit add 1 to their damage characteristics.
    6- Meteor Shower: for every enemy unit within 3 inches of this unit, roll a die for each model in that unit or units. On a 5 or more that model suffers a mortal wound.

Champion Rewards Table
    2D6 Result

2- Shady Memory: If the champion is slain you lose D3 glory points (to a minimum of 0) And lose all rewards this champion has gained so far in the campaign.
    3- More Sacrifices: in each hero phase roll a d6. A result of 3 or lower the champion must charge the nearest enemy unit subtract 1 from all hit rolls and add 1 to all wound rolls. On a 4 or more the champion re-rolls all failed hit and wound rolls.
    4- Savage Orders: Once per battle you may use the savage orders. If they do so add 1 to the hit roll for the champion and all units from the warband for the rest of the turn.
    5- Strength of the Stars: Add 1 to all wound rolls for attacks made against models with a wound characteristic of 7 or more.
    6- Blade of the Serpents Tongue: Choose one weapon used by the champion (it cannot be a weapon used by the mount if the champion has a mount) Increase the damage characteristic of that weapon by 1.
    7- Daemon of Light: Add 1 to the wounds characteristic of the champion.

8- Unbreakable: Add 1 to the bravery characteristic for the champion and all units from the warband that are within 8 inches of the champion in the battleshock phase.
    9- Celestite Star Shield: Reroll all failed save rolls for the champion.
    10- Serpent Strike: Add 2 to all charge or run rolls made by your champion.

11- Unseen Benefactor: In one of your hero phases choose 3 enemy units. Deal D3 mortal wounds to each of those units. Can only be used once per battle.
    12- The Bright Constellation: Once per battle in your hero phase, you can heal all wounds on your Champion. Or if your Champion is slain roll a D6 on a 5 or 6 the champion is set up on the battlefield anywhere more than 9 inches from an enemy unit. This counts as their move for the following movement phase.

Wazz and Sudaj like this.
  10. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

not really seraphon, but had this idea brewing for Free Peoples, maybe you can use some of my ideas here

Attached Files:

11. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Warband actually sounds really fun! Do you think they'll let us use our ideas like that?

And what other races don't have warband yet?

Bowser likes this.
  12. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The shorter list is which ones do, the following have warband rules:
    Chaos
    Stormcast
    Fyre Slayers
    Skaven
    Iron Jawz
    Sylvaneth
    Death

13. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

yes our goal is to actually have as many ideas for a warband as we can and then have the community vote which one should become the community made and thus be used for any seraphon player as an official one until GW comes up with one. maybe we could even ask them to publish the ones we created!

14. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I got the ok from my local store to try the one I made in our upcoming campaign. I made a "for fun list" to play at home with but havent had the chance to try it sadly. I got:
    Sunblood as commander
    Skink priest and Scar-vet on cold one
    Chameleon skinks x5
    Warriorsx10
    Skinksx10
    Ripperdactyls x3
    I'm excited to try it!
    @Bowser I like the fluff aspect a lot for the Skinks!

Bowser likes this.
  15. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Do let us know how that turned out :)

Wazz likes this.
  16. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Will do!

17. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Trying a little entry no idea what i'm doing xD Probably miss the deadline too

18. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Gonna finish mine on the bus tomorrow will post it eventually ^.^

Wazz likes this.
  19. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Im going to slow at making stuff up and it's probably not even balanced as I've never played -

Wazz likes this.
  20. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Its all good! If it makes you feel better I got all of the rewards for my list from other armies haha!

Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.