1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assembling skinks as a regiment?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Necronmaniac05, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Necronmaniac05
    Jungle Swarm

Necronmaniac05 New Member

Hi all,

First post here and just looking for a steer on what may seem a strange question:

I have bought two boxes of skinks with the view to arranging them into a horde formation with Kroxigors in there fore support. However, my plan has hit a snag because it seems that, once assembled, it is impossible to get the skinks to stand in ranks due to the shape of the models. Am I missing something here, as there are pictures online of skinks in ranks?!

2. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

In cases like skinks you are better off dryfitting the models before glueing them. Then you put a number on the underside of the base so you see where the model has to go. I admit I made the same mistake and yes they are a massive pain to rank up :p

3. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

with the skinks if you look t how their legs are some have right leg forward some have left leg forward. you should be able to rank them like this r=rightleg forward l=left leg forward.

LRLRLRLRLR
    LRLRLRLRLR
    LRLRLRLRLR

This is by no means a guarantee as a lot depends on weapon and shields position. Try to have the rear ranks with the javlins pointed above the guys in front (front guys don't matter

4. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

I chopped their tails down to half length then rounded them into shorter nubs. I got the idea from the Stegadon skinks, some of whom have shorter tails due to their lack of room. Works like a treat.

5. Warhammer Dave
    Jungle Swarm

Warhammer Dave New Member

Another option is to use a regimental base (GW sells both 20 x 80 and 25 x 100). If you use one of these, you can position 4 models in such a way as to allow them to be ranked up. I used several to rank up my Crypt Ghouls for my VC army. You can also use the bases to represent 4 models but put only 2 or 3 on the base and use scenery as a filler, in order to get more use out of your box of models.

Hope I didn't ramble too much, and this is helpful.

Dave