1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best painted army ever...

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Crono, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Crono
    Skink

Crono New Member

I know its not lizzies, but this is no joke the best painted army i have EVER seen!..

http://nomadpainter.blogspot.com/2008/09/wood-elf-army-is-now-done.html

Thoughts?

2. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

3. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

I've got no words for those WE... I'll watch his youtube videos sometime (just spent one and a half hours looking through and reading that thread!!)

4. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

5. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Oh my holy fudge... that guy is freaking ridiculous... It would be fairly funny to see that army go up against a few steggos and a carnasaur.. All that terror causing vs low leadership... should be interesting :)

6. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Apparently panic isn't too bad (he addressed that very question)... plus we may have terror but he can fire hundreds of shots every turn. It kind of balances, especially considering large target. I'm sure he has a unit layout to minimize panic-snowballing and allow for a fair few tricks. Just because it's not warhammer as we know it doesn't mean their isn't any subtlety in it is what I guess I mean.

7. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

hmmm most definitely would be an interesting army to fight... Which part did he make a statement about panic? I'd like to read what he says about it. And where is his army list posted at?

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

21 pages of thread? I looked at the first page (that champion tower is the work of a mad man in a good way :p) and looked at the last page. Was there anywhere a photo was taken of the whole army together? Looks impressive.

9. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

On most pages between the first and the last there are loads of them all laid out, organized by model type, as he paints them. There's one pic somewhere of them 7/10 painted on a battlefield against some dwarves with them literally taking up half of the table, being a sea of gnoblars.

10. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Thanks for piointing that out. Wow, makes me feel ashamed for not even managing to get my HE army finished. That is insane, the pics of the entire army arrayed. Who has that kinda time?!?

11. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

The thing is he did them in a short time limit. If you look at the first post he's painted all of that in under two months. He organised his free time incredibly efficiently and just worked very hard.

12. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

I wonder if he has a life besides painting? I know I couldn't get away with that with my wife in the room. ;)

13. Crono
    Skink

Crono New Member

any other gems around?

14. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

wow i thought 50 gnoblars was a pain i think i would contemplate suicide if faced with painting that