1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOW Best source for lizardmen/lustria lore

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Malcolm Serabian, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Malcolm Serabian
    Jungle Swarm

Malcolm Serabian New Member

Hi folks starting a new lizardmen army for the old world! I’m very interested in the lore behind them,. I’ve got the army list pdf, but I’m wondering what’s the best book for lore (5th, 6th, 7th, 8th edition army book? Or new Lustria rpg book? Some combination?) thanks!

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I think I know just the guy to answer this question... @Scalenex

5mnws1.jpg

Blastoize and Imrahil like this.
  3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

[​IMG]

That is impressive that you got me on that card @NIGHTBRINGER

Relative to the other WHF forums, we have among the best if not the best fluff forum on the internet and can answer your specific or you can browse the beautiful and well organized Lustriapedia. We have well over a hundred Lizardmen short stories on L-O.

But I can answer your question right now. The best official Lizardmen lore published by GW was in the 5th edition army book. In my opinion, the 5th edition books in general have the best fluff of pre-Age of Sigmar.

After the 5th edition Lizardmen army book, the best book is just called "Lustria" though it is admittedly hard to find. Here is a link to the book, but while it is good, I do NOT believe it is worth a $70 asking price. I found a copy on ebay for $10 but that was a long time ago.

Supposedly, Games Workshop is putting more emphasis on their fiction and lore going forward, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Also, welcome to the forum @Malcolm Serabian !

4. Malcolm Serabian
    Jungle Swarm

Malcolm Serabian New Member

Thanks for the advice Scalenex! Will grab the 5e army book and be on the lookout for the Lustria GW book. I also bought the cubicle 7 Lustria book for the rpg!

Scalenex and Imrahil like this.
  5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I can add on that the 8th edition book has nice art and a good broad overview. It is worth buying if you can find a cheap one on the secondary market. The 5th edition book has actually well written narrative stories.

From a fluff/art perspective, there is nothing in the 6th edition or 7th edition book that is not in the 5th or 8th books.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I second this. (though in my case that is simply because I am a self-appointed ambassador of 8th edition WHFB!)