1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Building towards 2,500 points

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by godswearhats, Feb 18, 2014.

1. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

I'm about to start building my Lizardmen army (I've got about half the models I need so far) and I thought I'd post the list that I'm working towards. I've created a bit of a fluff background (which I'll write up properly and post at a later date) for a Temple City that has no Slann and only one Saurus spawning pool that only ever spawns a single Saurus at a time. As a result, the city is ruled by Skinks but the rare Saurus they get are afforded the highest honors.

I'm still working on names and full fluff (I'm very much a story-based player), but here's the army list for comment.

Lords - 505
    -----
    - Saurus Old Blood, Carnosaur (Loping Stride, Bloodroar), GW, LA, Crown of Command, Talisman of Preservation, Dragonhelm

Heroes - 609
    -----
    - Saurus Scar Veteran, Carnosaur (Loping Stride, Bloodroar), GW, LA, Shield, BSB, Sacred Stegadon Helm of Itza, Dragonbane Gem
    - Ama'retto (will be counts as Tetto'eko, because I don't like the Tetto'eko model that much and I have a cool bit of fluff about this guy)

Core - 624
    -----
    - 10 Skink Skirmishers x4
    - 12 Skink Cohort (Poisoned Attacks)
    - 20 Skink Cohort, 2 Kroxigor, Mus, Std (Ama'retto goes in here)

Special - 456
    -----
    - Bastiladon with Solar Engine x2
    - 6 Chameleon Skinks x2

Rare - 300
    -----
    - Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods

Total: 2494

624 on core is actually not >= 25% of 2500 (which is 625), but it is >= 25% of 2494. If my opponents don't object, I will take a 5 point magic item on the Scar Vet (Ironcurse Icon). I think that's fine for friendly games, but probably not for tournaments.

Any feedback welcomed,
    ~gwh

2. Zwuppie
    Razordon

Zwuppie Member

Well for tournaments you can add an extra skink to one of the cohort units! and you're done! Nice list btw