1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Can I use Skink Prophet in tournaments?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by sedulam, Feb 11, 2020.

1. sedulam
    Jungle Swarm

sedulam New Member

I'm returning to Warhammer after 23 years. I was going to use my Skink Prophet model (which has a warscroll in the compendium) in a tournament, but the tournament organizer says that GW doesn't allow compendium models in their tournaments. However, I didn't find any official rules about this.
    Is this really a GW rule? Or is it left to tournament organizers to decide if compendium models can be used or not?

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

sorry it is a new GW ruling you can call him a starpriest or a normal priest but the prophet is no longer a playable warscroll

LizardWizard and sedulam like this.
  3. sedulam
    Jungle Swarm

sedulam New Member

Thanks mate! Where can I find the official statement from GW on this? I want to send it to another friend which keeps saying there's no official statement... :-/

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ill try to find it but GWs archives are a night mare

LizardWizard and sedulam like this.
  5. sedulam
    Jungle Swarm

sedulam New Member

True that... I'm astonished at how badly GW has been keeping info. I mean, the realm traits are in the core book, then the realm artifacts are in the Endless magic tome; some allegiance abilities are in the GH, then others are in the battletomes...
    It's like they have put a toddler on LSD sorting out where to put the info...

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ah didn't find the statement but i found the reason lizardmen are not a part of the seraphon army so you would have to aly them in but they are not one of our aly choices. so you could take him if you ran grand alliance order(but don't do that we need our aleagence abilities)

7. sedulam
    Jungle Swarm

sedulam New Member

I thought we could still keep our allegiance traits if we just use a maximum of 1 allied unit out every 4 units (check page 242 of the Core Book -> "Allegiance Abilities" -> "Allies"). Let me know if you don't have the book and I'll post a picture.

8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

right but you have to take them from our list of allies and lizardmen aren't on there only SCE

sedulam likes this.
  9. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

If you would like an official confirmation, you could always email GW as well.
    I love the model, and have asked my group if they would be fine with him as a proxy. I was met with "Friendly games, sure, but his base is not the right size for priests or starpriest. Tournament play is a no go"
    Course, I could always proxy him as a Skink Star Seer, I suppose. Right size base. Just more violent.

10. sedulam
    Jungle Swarm

sedulam New Member

Ok, this makes perfect sense. I was thinking along the lines of "GW has forbidden ALL Compendium models", which is not accurate. The "Lizardmen are not allies of the Seraphon by the General's Handbook" is more easy to understand. Kudos!

ILKAIN likes this.