1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

9th Age Carnosaur vs Alpha Carnosaur

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Gary_M, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Gary_M
    Temple Guard

Gary_M Active Member

Simple (?) question, is the Alpha Carnosaur worth the extra points cost?

2. Zwuppie
    Razordon

Zwuppie Member

In my opinion, a normal carnosaur is with the 9th age rules too weak.. An alpha carnosaur which you can give a wardsave with a talisman on your warlord is much more vulnerable and 6 wounds with toughness 6 is simply amazing

Warden likes this.
  3. Gary_M
    Temple Guard

Gary_M Active Member

@Zwuppie did you mean 'valuable' rather than 'vulnerable' for the Alpha Carnosaur?

4. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

Or "less vulnerable"?

I haven't played with a Carno in a long time, so I'm afraid all I've got is theoryhammer.
    The consensus seems to be (for now, anyways) that neither the Carno nor the A+ Carno is a "great" choice; Raptors are superior. However. I think that the Carnosaur, given its combined profile, has potential to combine with a Veteran for a strong support unit. The Alpha Carnosaur has so much potential (5 Attacks, S7, Multiple Wounds?!), but is too easy to kill - so if you can get it into the right matchups (monsters) it should do well. But it's too expensive to be a "support unit". If you're going to field it, you'd better have a plan and know that it's going to be able to get into matchups where it will deal a whole lot of damage.

Warden likes this.