1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Challenge: A Skink Chief That Works!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Zakharov, Nov 23, 2011.

1. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

The army book specifically allows terradon chiefs to join terradon units (forbidden by many reasons otherwise).
    Also if alone the skink chief can indeed march and shoot, the terradon has the fast cav USR the BRB FAQ says it does indeed apply to both, and fast cav have fire on the march.

2. Dirty Mac
    Skink

Dirty Mac New Member

Do you have page references for these?
    Just in case it comes up in a game, Thanks. I'd prefer not to use the "this guy on the net said it was ok" justification.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Page 52 of the Lizardmen rule book states that a chief may join the unit. Our rule book overules the BRB on this one.

4. Pyre
    Saurus

Pyre Member

The Lizardmen FAQ specifically says that the Terradons rules are replaced with "Fast Cavalry, Fly, and Forest Strider" instead of "Flying Cavalry" and all the other rules are ignored. That's pretty straight forward, and the Skink Chief implicitly lists a Terradon with the "Flying Cavalry" rule that was replaced. So yeah, there's that.

The original question was to make a skink chief that works, so what do you need him to do? He could make a fine character assassin for the right targets. His high Initiative could make the "Sword of Swift Slaying" a definite asset, though strength four kind of limits what he can go after. Just a spear could make him a passable warmachine hunter on the cheap, throw in a buff and he moves into the respectable range... not by much, no, but he's cheap.

Pyre

5. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

i found this part myself just now. lol. embarrassing. i guess the skink is one of the happy exceptions too. sorry for raising the issue.

ps. my point is still valid for a solo skink with cloak of feathers :p (and my beloved dark elf sorceress on pegasus)