1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chariot for lizardmen? dose it work

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by blue-dragon88, Dec 3, 2009.

1. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

I have resently completed a lizardmen chariot pulled by cold ones.

DSCF0027.JPG
    DSCF0028.JPG

This is the hand made base i gave it as a personal touch.
    My best bit is the dead horse lying the path
    DSCF0031.JPG

2. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Well we have chariots already, they're just huge angry dinos with big guns mounted on them...
    Looks cool though, I like your use of the tomb kings chariot. :D

Cheers!

3. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Yeah you can't really use this to proxy for anything in a lizardman list...but you could use it to proxy in several other lists...tomb kings, high elves, dark elves...etc...

I wouldn't see the point but, okayyy...

I like the cold ones, and would sub them in for horses in any army...but I'd have to get alot of DE cold ones...that way all my various mounted people for any army would be riding raptors...thats a cool conversion, even though they have to count as horses.

My friend plays bretonnia, and says if he had the money and patience he'd convert his entire bretonnian force to ride cold ones. Says the fluff would be a crusade into lustria years ago paid off in alot of cold one's eggs that have since been raised for the nobles to ride.

I think for tomb kings though I'd perfer skeletal horses, to keep the skeletal theme going..

Good work though, nicely painting, great base...Just a little impractical... :D

4. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

I was more going for the lizardmen showing their culture, not an actual game piece.

5. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

I think a chariot isn't really something lizardmen would have...Jungle is too dense...

Still your model looks good though...

6. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I love how you gave the saurus that whip, very heavy-duty for use on Cold Ones :D

Them dinos ain't gonna feel tha' bite of wimpy old leather... they require whips made out of METAL!!! :bored:

7. bryanabbo
    Saurus

bryanabbo New Member

thats great actually i find nothingwrong but what are u gonna use it for gaming

8. Taylor
    Jungle Swarm

Taylor New Member

I like it.

Does it have a gaming use? No but I can imaging a Temple city in the southlands turning the chariots of the Tombkings against their old owners.

The Will of the Oldones demands it!

9. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

I like it too. I am still planning to do some chariot pulled by COs (but definitely i some other way ;) ). And it can definitely can have a gaming use. You can't use it on tournaments, of course, but in some friend-game you can invent you own house-rules for it.
    I don't see the fluff problem either. Yes, jungle is dense, but Lustria is not only jungle (well mostly, but there must be some free space ;) ). And some chariot-racing can be a form of entertainment in some cities (ok, this isn't really fluffwise ;) )

10. slannfrog
    Cold One

slannfrog Member

Interesting conversion.

The reason why Lizardmen don't have chariots is because they are to big and lumbering to use in the heart of the jungle.