1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Chicken Lips Warhammer Armies

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Chicken Lips, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll take a pic tonight and post it tomorrow of the box. It was super-easy! Basically a cardboard box i picked up at the grocery store, cut holes in the top and sides (just smaller than an 8 1/2 x 11" paper on the sides and an 8 1/2 x 17" on the top - or whatever size you want to photograph your models.) and then I bought a piece of white posterboard and cut it to fit along the back and base of the box. Situate desk lamps on the outside of the paper and front, then you're ready to snap away!

2. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Whaaaaaat!!! I just bought this Skaven lot off eBay for $24.92! That's crazy!

[​IMG]

It includes:

1 Vermin Lord Deceiver
    1 Warlord
    1 Warplock Engineer
    1 Packmaster
    1 Plague Priest
    1 Plague Furnace
    2 Plagueclaw Catapults
    1 Warp Lightening Cannon
    1 Doomwheel
    2 Warpfire Thrower Teams
    1 Poison Wind Mortar
    6! Stormfiends!
    20 Stormvermin
    20 Plague Monks
    50 Clanrats

DANG!

3. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Of course that had to be too good to be true. I just received this message from eBay:

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

I also noticed that the seller removed himself from eBay. There's no way he's going to send it now. I'll probably have to get my money back from eBay now. :(

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Oh no. :(

5. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Well, I posed the situation to the eBay Community page and received several messages back telling me to wait until the expected delivery date, which is Oct 27-Dec04. So I suppose I wait. That's quite a while, but who knows, maybe he'll still send it. I doubt it, but maybe. Fingers crossed.

They also mentioned that the seller didn't remove himself. Only eBay could do that. So who knows what that means.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I've had it, I won an xbox one for £48 but never received it, if he wanted more that is why you have the reserve price option.

He will have reported his account as being hacked.

NIGHTBRINGER and Chicken Lips like this.
  7. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Yeah, I don't trust buying gaming systems from eBay. Some friends of mine went in together and bought me a PS4 off eBay. It was a total surprise. They really wanted me to play online with them. I don't play much, so it wasn't unit I had the system a couple of months that I actually bought a game instead of just playing from the online store. That's when I noticed that it'd kick me out every time the actual gameplay started (Blood Bowl). The system started a quick decline from there. Now, I can't even turn it on. I'm hanging on to it in case one of my kids shows an interest in fixing things like this. Something for them to learn on.

8. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

If his account was "hacked" (highly unlikely), then there should have been some communication to me letting me know what happened and immediately refund my money.

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

If he reports it as hacked it can take them weeks to sort it out, highly unlikely like you say but I hate people on ebay that do things like this, it's almost as bad as the ones that bid and never pay.

I once put a mtb on ebay and it sold for £0.99p and yes I sent it out.

10. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

11. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Anyway, I took some pics of the light-box I made. I hope this helps!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

I also took some pics of the Grom model I just finished putting a banner on, though I haven't decided on a final design to paint on it. Someone suggested that I play with the white settings on my Pixel, so I'm trying to figure out a good setting for this. It's kinda hard to tell how accurate to true color from my phone. This'll probably be a process, so bear with me as I try things out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you like him (them)!

13. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Looks cool.

Chicken Lips likes this.
  14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Chicken Lips likes this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That is annoying.
    Thanks for the pictures.
    That is awesome. It works so well that I would have thought it to be so much more complex. Your pictures looks great.

I really must make one for myself. What type of paper did you use for the side and top?
    I do... brilliant work!

Chicken Lips likes this.
  16. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

@Crowsfoot - The Mountain Bike makes sense. I have a Google Pixel phone. Just got it about 2 months ago. I'm loving it so far!

@NIGHTBRINGER - I'm glad you like it! Quite easy. I just used standard printer paper and white poster board for the background. I did find that it's not enough to just light it from the top and sides. You'll need one straight on as well to eliminate as many shadows as possible. (Oh - and I wouldn't leave the lamps close to the paper very long. I take a couple of pics, then swing them out and allow the paper to cool off.) The whole point is to diffuse the light so that you get an overall "glow" on the model instead of direct glare. It will spread out the illumination over a much broader area. The white background will make the colors of your model pop much more. Some people find background paper that they prefer though, to just set the scene a bit.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Crowsfoot and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  17. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

I finished repainting my Ludwig Schwartzhelm last night. I LOVE this special character. So much fun fluff. I hope you like him!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Great job. That banner looks especially great, so much detail on there. The basing is also very well done and of course the photography is top notch!

19. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Why, thank you! It's so nice to get good feedback like yours!

The Penguin and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  20. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Really nice light box! It really helps too, I totally missed the fact that the chariot's banner was purple. :smug:

The Penguin and Chicken Lips like this.