1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Cold Veangance (Orcs n lizzies vs rats and tk)

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Revered_Guardian, May 24, 2009.

1. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Army lists

Lizardmen
    Scar vet Kai-Tli with Mirror shield, Burning blade of chotec, Cold one and light armor
    Skink priest Tehe-Xili with lvl 2, dispell scroll and diadem of power and EOTG
    Skink chief Kro-Ax with light armor, add hand wep and feathered cloak
    12 skinks
    11 skinks skirmishers with blowpipes
    10 tg with musician+standard
    16 saurus with full command
    6 cold one riders with standard and huanchis totem

Skaven of clan Deathclaw
    chieftain Ripfang- sword of battle, bands of pwer, heavery armour, shield
    Warlock engineer Hellstorm- no pistol kit, storm daemon, eye of the horned rat
    Warlock-no pistol kit, dispell scroll, something else
    26 clanrats- musicain, banner, ratling gun
    25 clanrats- musicain
    20 slaves
    3 packs of giant rats
    9 nightrunners- Additional hand weapon
    28 plague monks- musician, standard
    4 RO's.
    6 pcb's

Enemies
    Tomb Kings
    Prince with great weapon and 4+ ward,
    liche priest with skeletal steed and an unused bound spell,
    Liche priest on foot with rerollable power levels for spells and cloak of dunes
    16 skellies with hand weapon light armor and shield n champion/standard
    16 skellies with spears, light armor and shield n champion/standard
    16 skelly archers with standard.
    8 skelly horseman with standard/champion,
    3 chariots with standard and champion and standard of +1 to hit
    3 carrion
    1 tomb scorpion

Orcs and Goblins

Black orc big boss with shield, heavy armor, warboss imbads iron gnashas collar of zorga, and martogs best basha
    night goblin shaman with staff of sneaky stealin
    night goblin big boss wallopas one hit wunda ench shield and battle brew - Frenzy + hatred
    40 night goblins with spears and full command-3 fanatics
    20 night goblin archers with full command
    19 orc biguns with full command
    10 forest goblin spider riders with full command
    spear chukka
    doom diver
    squig herd
    10 black orcs

Orcs were with me vs Tk and Skaven

Deployment
    Tehe-Xili watched with an unparalleled view of the battlefield from atop his new mount, he could see the skaven in the distance along with an army of tomb kings, the lizardmen were set up on the right, facing the tomb kings, and the orcs on the left facing the vile skaven. To Tehe-Xili's left were a unit of skink skirmishers infront of Kai-Tli's Cold ones, followed by the saurus, to his right were Kro-Ax's skinks and the temple guard.

Turn1 Lizards and greenies
    As the lizardmen army rushed to face their enemy, most of the orcs did also, with the exception of a few squabbling biguns and night goblins. Raising his wand into the air, Tehe-Xili activated his new toy, and a huge aura appeared around the stegadon, partially shielding all of the lizardmen army. But disaster struck as Tehe-Xili pointed his staff towards the rats, attempting to call a comet from the sky, he lost control of the magical energies and the a backlash in the winds of magic saw a huge warplighting bolt flying his way, however, right before he was hit, the magic fizzled away as it was dispelled by the orcs, who obviously still wanted their "allies" alive. Tehe-Xili heard a scream overhead and watched as a goblin fired from the doom diver crashed into the tomb king's chariots, severely damaging one of them. The doom diver's machine companion, the spear chukka, missed it's target completely.

Skaven/TK
    Watching the enemy rush forward, Tehe-Xili watches as the heavy horseman charge into the cold one riders with an unnatural burst of speed and a hail of arrows from the chariots and the archers layed 2 of Kro-Ax's skinks low. He then looks back towards the cold ones, seeing one of them fall with a spear through it's head and his general crush 3 of the skeletons personally while the rest, including the liche priest, were either killed or crumbled under the might of the cold one riders, who glared towards the rest of tomb king army.

Orcs/Lizzies
    Even as the goblin spider riders charged forward into the carrion, Tehe-Xili surveys the battlefield, seeing Kai-Tli's riders activate a magical banner and unexpectedly surge into the tomb king chariots. To the left the goblins rush forward and unleash their fanatics, who's flails dismember 4 of the night runners. All of Tehe-Xili's magic is dispelled, but once again he shields the army. A flying goblin veers of target and kills a carrion, critically wounding another and the spear chukka misses it's target once again. The goblin riders kill a carrion and the last one crumble into dust. Meanwhile Kai-Tli is at the thick of the fighting, felling a chariot himself even as his unit destroys the rest, overruning and ending right infront of the tomb prince.

Skaven/TK
    The tomb prince and his skeletons charge into the cold ones and the night runners charge the squigs from the rear. A low grumbling sound is heard from the doom diver crew, although they thought that it was just grub's stomach, as they hadn't eaten in days, they couldn't have been more wrong, the rat ogres get as far as possible away from the whirling goblins. Tehe-Xili struggles to dispell the onslaught of magic from his enemies, even having to read his only scroll to keep them at bay. Another hail of arrows slams into the skinks and kills 3 of them before they could react. Kai-Tli accepts a challenge by the enemy champion (I had 2) and the tomb prince himself cuts a cold one rider in two with a horizontal strike, spraying blood all over Kai-Tli even as he decapitates the champion, the riders react and kill 3 skeletons, leaving 2 more to crumble. The night runners proceed to cut down all of the squig herders, sending the squigs in a rampage which kills 2 spider riders and leaves only one night runner left standing. The goblins realized their horrible mistake as the tomb scorpion burst from the ground, stabbing a goblin with its tail and grabbing another with it`s pincers, raising it high into the air and the snapping it in half, spraying blood and gore all over the remaining goblin, who obviously after the sight of this monstrosity fled the battle as the scorpion trashed the machine and slaughtered the waiting goblin ammunition.

Lizzies n Orcs turn 3
    Tehe-Xili looks towards his allies and sees a fanatic trip, causing it`s flail to smash it`s own head into the earth, it`s partner however, managed more and it`s flail kill the last night runner. As a waagh! causes the orc army to surge forward, Kro-Ax`s skinks charge the skeleton archers with the help of the stegadon, althought the liche had flew away slightly before. The spider riders slam into the spear armed clanrats. Tehe-Xili raises his wand and a burst of light from the engine kills 2 skeleton archers and 3 skeleton spearmen, but all of his magic is dispelled yet again! The skink skirmishers unleashed a hail of blowpipes upon the clanrats killing 2 and the spear chukka finds it`s mark, severely damaging the victorious tomb scorpion. Three clanrats are speared by the goblin spider riders, but setting an example, Hellstorm skewers one of them with his blades as his clanrats kill another 2, seeing them flee but failing to catch them. Kai-Tli personally challenged the tomb prince, cutting a deep gash with his burning blade before taking a very bloody cut to the arm, his cold ones killed 3 of the skeletons, who lose another 3 to crumbling. Meanwhile Kro-ax and his skinks with the help of Tehe-Xili himself kill all but two skeleton archers.

TK and Skaven 3
    Ripfang orders his unit to charge into the flank of the cold ones, and his other unit charges into the skinks after the warlock ran out of it (is this allowed), then the spear skeletons charge the stegadon, but not before the liche left them (again doesn`t charging happen BEFORE regular movement, help me im confused about this as me and my friends are new). Tehe-Xili dispells all magic but a powerful spell that raised 5 skeleton archers from the dead. All the skinks are either cut down in the initial combat or caught and slaughtered, with their pursuers slamming into the flank of the saurus. Luckily for the cold ones, Ripfang fails to kill any of them, and they crush all but one skeleton even as Kai-Tli thrusts his burning blade through the tomb princes head, making sure he would stay down. One of Tehe-Xili`s personal skink bodyguards is speared and he falls off of the hodah into the fight below, where the stegadon crushes 2 spear skeletons and Kro-Ax makes a fine example, and he and his skinks kill the last archers.

Turn 4 lizzies n OG
    Tehe-Xili saw Kro-Ax rush into the combat to aid him and the temple guard turning to protect the saurus should they flee. A burning alignment finishes the last skeleton in the former prince`s unit and kills 3 of the spear skeletons, however, Tehe-Xili is frustrated once again as he cannot get any spells through. With a lucky shot the tomb scorpion goes down, a spear through it`s head. The cold ones are overwhelmed as Ripfang himself kills one and they flee, being caught by the spear skeletons infront and the clanrats behind, Kai-Tli was cut down by Ripfang himself. (needed an excuse to change name :D I remembered my original 1!!!). Between Kro-Ax and Tehe-Xili only 1 skeleton dies, and the saurus are overwhelmed by the swarm of rats, who crash into the temple guard behind as the saurus escape through their brethren.

TK and skaven
    The rat ogres crash into the goblins and Ripfang continues with his unit into the flank of the stegadon. Hellstorm unleashes a huge blast of warplighting, killing 5 of his own rats and only 1 Temple guard! `Curse those rats for getting in the way of my awesome power` he screamed. The ratling gun opens fire and kills 3 of the spider riders. Losing one of their own, the temple guard kill 3 of the clanrats but they stubbornly refuse to flee. Tehe-Xili is in the thick of the fighting when Ripfang jumps up and stabs him in the stomach, clutching his wound he continues on, and he and Kro-Ax kill the rest of the spear skeletons. Crashing into the night goblins, the rat ogres kill 5 of them outright, one in particular was nasty as one of his arms was a spike, which impaled a goblin even as he picked another up and threw it into a rock. With his magical sword, the big boss severely wounded a rat ogre, leaving his goblins to finish it and one other, they then turned to flee but were scattered by the goblins, however it seemed that the nasty one survived...

Suddenly an earthquake shook the ground asunder, splitting the field into 4 quarters, each army all alone... they withdrew, most of them survive and they march back, all in different directions.

Awesome game even with the rulez arguments (were still new)
    So can you leave your unit the same turn that it charges

Minor victory for the lizards and orcs, if not for the rat ogres it would have only been a minor victory by like 5 points!!!!

Most valuable lizard-Kai-Tli he was a beast, killed him so I could change the name back to the original without a fluff problem

Most hated enemy- Ripfang- this guys kill caused my cold ones to break, flee and get caught PLUS he hurt my precious Tehe-Xili!!!!

Best Ally- spear chukka... it`s the only thing that really did much all game

2. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

You mean like a character joining your unit? If they are in close combat no, and since a succeded charge is close combat then no they can't. Still reading the rules (new to the gameplay too), im 3 pages away from Psychology (read every single word until now). Else could you clearify the question a bit more?

3. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

The question is can a character leave his unit in the same turn that that unit charges into close combat? im pretty sure it's illegal but we didn't have time to check the rulez ;) o_O

4. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Anyone got an answer?

5. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

Isnt getting out of a unit a movement? Wich would be done after Charging? So i'd say illegal.. then again i don't really got the rules here with me.. but it sounds too obvious.

If i would swing with my weapons around and see one fancy geared person run away, i'd chase him to get his fancy head on a stick. Im not that fast tho...

I should get my O&G army someday.. The more i read the more fun it seems.. But why didnt your ally take Fanatics ? They are random.. but they sure are fun.

Congratz on the win ^^

6. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

My ally did have fanatics- they just didn't do much except scare the entire left half of the board from moving

7. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Well if the charge is succeded meaning your unit is in close combat nobody can leave the unit! NOBODY! not even is it's an 1 man unit.

8. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

If a unit declares a charge with a character, he must move with the unit throughout the charge, whether it succeeds or fails, and you will use the lowest movement option. However, a character may charge out of a unit alone, but the unit may not charge a seperate charge target, though they may move normally.

9. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

As Dalkarius said, a character cannot leave a unit tht declares a charge, therefore, he cannot charge a separate unit if the unit he is with is charging another one. However, if the unit doesn't charge, the character may declare a charge himself and move out of the unit in order to execute the charge move. The unit may then move in the remaining moves phase.

Nice battle report R_G! Very interesting to read when you put in those little details!

P.S. no wonder you were pissed when you lost the post mate it was a bit long and I can imagine the reluctance to re-write it all!

10. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

This one is actually a little better than my last one, I like to tell the story from my skink priests perspective as he has never actually died, although he did run away once. I'm not sure what it is, but he is the most resiliant character in my army. Thank you for reading and the compliments!!! :D