1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Cool alternate Lizzies - Shadowsea Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Timbor, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Timbor
    Jungle Swarm

Timbor New Member

Hi folks,

I thought some of you might be interested in the current kickstarter being run by antimatter games. They are funding the prodcution (primarily) to expand their lizardman range:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/rise-of-the-draconids

They have their current range of lizards on offer at a good discount as well. You can see them here: http://antimatter-games.com/products-page/miniatures/shadowsea/draconid_legion/#store (note there are a few other variants on offer in the KS)

There have been some size comparison pictures floating around in the comments section, but I think the general consensus is that these guys are a bit bigger than their GW counterparts. I do have the antimatter troglodytes, but this will be my first foray into their lizardmen. They have already unlocked several figures, and are on the verge of another big one!

Feel free to stop by and check it out. I would be happy to try and answer any questions you might have,

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Hi folks,

I thought some of you might be interested in the current kickstarter being run by antimatter games. They are funding the prodcution (primarily) to expand their lizardman range:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/rise-of-the-draconids

They have their current range of lizards on offer at a good discount as well. You can see them here: http://antimatter-games.com/products-page/miniatures/shadowsea/draconid_legion/#store (note there are a few other variants on offer in the KS)

There have been some size comparison pictures floating around in the comments section, but I think the general consensus is that these guys are a bit bigger than their GW counterparts. I do have the antimatter troglodytes, but this will be my first foray into their lizardmen. They have already unlocked several figures, and are on the verge of another big one!

Feel free to stop by and check it out. I would be happy to try and answer any questions you might have

Hmm... I might have to go check this out.... :)

Edit: that spine breaker might make for an interesting old blood.

3. Dyvim Tvar
    Razordon

Dyvim Tvar New Member

Pretty good.

Hard to tell whether they are comparable scale though.

4. Timbor
    Jungle Swarm

Timbor New Member

From previous discussions about scale in other campaigns, I was able to find these pictures:

This picture shows the now OOP Kalath figure (currently a stretch goal to be resculpted) and a standard lizardman next to a reaper female figure:
    DBM031%20Kalath%20the%20Reaver%20-%20Comp.jpg

These pictures show some of the lizardmen next to a ruler:

scale.jpg

trogs.jpg

I would say the average lizard is definitely bigger than the average saurus, but might be useable for heroes or templeguard or even kroxigor.

If I currently owned any of the lizards I would post a comparison next to a saurus. I do have this figure, and can post a comparison later if folks would like:

Draconid+Shaman+1.JPG

Draconid+Shaman+2.JPG

That guy is meant for the underwater part of the game, DeepWars, but he is a lizard nonetheless.

5. Dyvim Tvar
    Razordon

Dyvim Tvar New Member

From the pics they look too big for a 25mm base. More Krox-sized than Saurus-sized.

6. Timbor
    Jungle Swarm

Timbor New Member

Hey guys, this campaign is in the final day, and the stretch goals have been falling fast! We have just about unlocked Kalath, a huge draconid riding a triceratops - likely a good stand-in for a stegadon if you ask me.

While the figures are closer in size to a kroxigor, they would make some good unit fillers, leaders, and characters. Or if any of you play skirmish games, these lizzies would do great!

5d959255d16893700ab657f93f9bf0fc_large.jpg

As I post this, the Kalath figure is $40 away from being unlocked - which is coincidentally the price required to purchase him! Free shipping in the US too...

I am mostly looking forward to the resin scenery... particularly the mushrooms.

7. Timbor
    Jungle Swarm

Timbor New Member

Some artwork and a WIP of Kalath:

142345ee126cd3bf9f2cce9f04af648b_large.jpg

cfc3b1da4ae139647a52fb996592e3c3_large.jpg

I think this guy willl be made to fit on a 50mm round base.