1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. End Times is now official. Updated rules. LM am cry Q.Q

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

50% characters, lore of undead, Undead Legion. It's all now a part of the updated rules.

Wood Elfs and UL have been updated. No LM.

**EDIT**

Just looked at the WE and UL updates. It's basially nothing lol.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

As a new UL owner I'm quite happy. Finally people will take me serious haha.

But as a LM player this is my reaction:
    IgMyx.gif

21.jpg

4. GCPD
    Bastiladon

GCPD Active Member

Alas, poor Lizardmen army, I knew thee well.

5. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Why is that?

We got the freaking opening page in the big book that GW has been working on for at least 3 years.
    We are not forgotten! :p

6. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

I'm disappointed.
    1) They didn't FAQ any armybook in the update (just a small errata for one WE item).
    2) They have implemented the End Times rules into the core rules. I was hoping this would be an optional expansion to the base rules. Now I feel like I have to buy it, you tricksy GW; but I won't, I'm holding out hope (for now) that a 9th Ed. will be released soon.

7. GCPD
    Bastiladon

GCPD Active Member

Because I don't think Lizardmen can do well in a triple Daemon Prince environment.

8. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

point taken....
    I play in a restriction-oriented environment, so im safe for that. :rolleyes:

9. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I just wouldn't play that player. 1 is enough.

10. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

In a friendly you can agree to whatever restrictions, rules changes, etc. you want. However, in the tournament scene this shakes things up a lot. When I go to Adepticon (an unrestricted tournament), I know I'm going to face triple DP + chimera armies that the LM army really isn't set up well to deal with. I may be forced to take my OK instead, but I really don't want to.

11. lordkingcrow
    Temple Guard

lordkingcrow Active Member

To be honest, I'm disappointed. I've never cared for herohammer and just when I was happy that it was dead and gone... Boom! It's back again. The game loses some of the strategy aspect and turns into, "Look how powerful my lords are! I'm the best general ever!". I know this is an exaggeration, but you get the idea. We are going to see more hero trains, more 5 man hero fronts, etc... I really hope this is a short lived idea and they switch it back. Curse you Games Workshop...

12. LawGnome
    Chameleon Skink

LawGnome Active Member

For the most part, I disagree with you entirely. I think that the main thing to remember is that the more points you spend on lords and heroes, the less you have for everything else. Sure, you can have a slann and an oldblood on a carnosaur, or you could have a tyrant and a slaughtermaster, but now so many of your points are tied up in a few models. One bad combat and you lose half your army.

Look at some of the reports using Nagash. He is super powerful, but then you have nothing else. Tarpit him, multi charge him, warrior bane him, ignore him, whatever. Your army will have a lot more stuff to do things with, and you are practically guaranteed to out drop him.

The one part I do agree with is regarding the lords. I am dreading my first interaction with a triple DP list. I have such a hard time dealing with one that having three of the damn things running around (or two and an unkillable disc lord) is enough to make me just give up after deployment.

13. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

As long as the Step Up rule still exists, there isn't any hero hammer.

Plus with Undeath Lore everyone can run a Level 1 that creates on-demand chaff.

14. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I think you are fine. There is no reason to take the Lore of Undeath if you don't have a hankering to summon zombies. I think you can get by just fine without buying the End Times book. In fact if you aren't a dual VC/LM player I would advise against it. It's quite expensive for a book of mostly fluff and very fluffy special scenarios.

However, I would love to use my fledgling undead army alongside my beloved reptiles. With the Lore of Undeath in the BRB FAQ, does that mean WD Slann get the spell now? The army book says the eight spells though, but now there are nine, does that mean we get to pick eight. GAMES WORKSHOP, FINISH YOUR FAQS!

15. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

At last I can show my VC playing opponent just how obnoxious his zombies! I can hardly wait!

16. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

The updated Errata does not define the Lore of Undeath as one of the "lores of Battle Magic", only adds a sentence to say that the lore is available to all wizards. The Lores of Battle Magic are defined in the 2nd paragraph on pg. 490 (which is the page I assume the Errata was supposed to say, pg. 162 has nothing to do with Spell Generation...the brand new Errata that only included 4 items in the BRB already needs to be Errata'd).

17. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

...and Steadfast, supporting attacks, dead or fled, #6 spells, needing 2 ranks of 5 to break opposing ranks in the flank, fighting at initiative level vs chargers, Break Points, Watchtower, etc.

No offense to anyone, but claiming that this is herohammer displays a stunning ignorance of the rules now compared to when the term was coined.

This is not remotely, at all, herohammer. At all.

@hardy -
    You don't need to buy it. The errata is all you need really.

18. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Meh.

I think it makes warhammer boring. I can't think of a whole lot of examples where it actually makes things more exciting/more diverse.

In a vast vast majority of cases it just means you can spam more.

19. lordkingcrow
    Temple Guard

lordkingcrow Active Member

"No offense to anyone, but claiming that this is herohammer displays a stunning ignorance of the rules now compared to when the term was coined.

This is not remotely, at all, herohammer. At all."

Saying "no offense" and then being offensive is like saying "sorry" before you kick someone in the shin. Still not very friendly. :D I perceive being able to run 3 DPs just a little bit herohammer, if you don't, great, but don't be condescending about it, this is supposed to be a friendly forum after all. ;) That being said, I suppose it isn't quite as bad as it once was, I just prefer where it was before today's change and fear where it might lead. Slippery slope, history repeating itself, and all that jazz. You just never know what GW will do next...

20. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Ugh, bare minimum (if even that) of FAQs irks me, but it still makes me a tiny bit optimistic, that there will be new FAQs soon. If not... I can't help but hope the 9th edition comes quickly.