1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Even more lizardmen!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by nathanbomb6, Aug 27, 2012.

1. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

Recently I posted "My First lizardman" and have now completed another one and a skink, Since I posted the photo the comments have boosted my confidence and I am now painting more often than usual. also since my last post I found a button which made my photo's look better and gives the model that extra "edge"

Firstly my skink which I tried to make it have a few differences to my saurus (I want similarities but not totally the same)
    If you get what I mean.

So here's shots of my skink (ignore the base, not completed)
    a3071b3d.jpg
    97ee3af4.jpg
    627da0c8.jpg
    b4415b06.jpg
    57de8716.jpg

And My second saurus!
    6c7cb808.jpg
    ef2b334c.jpg
    ef468403.jpg
    d4822da7.jpg

and then all three together
    dd2c87fc.jpg
    f4940017.jpg
    db94b8dc.jpg
    b34de615.jpg

More of my second one
    91ad33ca.jpg
    and my skink!
    2fff5c0b.jpg

I am going to do some Kroxigor and they will be around the same as my saurus, considering they will be with skinks , I did those skinks differently.
    My next pictures will be with my full unit of saurus hopefully! :D
    Again, Criticism and advice appreciated and needed Thanks!

Edit: 1 question do the skinks suit that colour, I mean are they different enough than my saurus and do they have enough similarities?

2. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

ithink you got the similarity/difference just right; excellent shading on the shields by the way, particularly the second saurus shield.

if i have to force one criticism is that the gold feather on the skink shield could do with a thinner layer of gold and some more shading with a dark wash or something.

i cant wait to see the kroxigors.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

4. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

I agree, at first there was lots of black left over because for some reason the texture of the gold leaves gaps on the miniatures, so I went extra heavy on it to fill them.
    I will do something about it.

and With the Kroxigors, I will do an Update on the first one I do, also I have changed it's weapon as I think it's too small. (the weapon is 4 saurus flag bearer things put together)

5. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

just a thought; why not try doing a brown undercoat on the the feather and drybrush the gold onto it, that way it should stay thin and give you shading at the same time.

not sure if it would work but you could give it a try.

6. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

I might as well try that, thanks alot!

7. elmoheadbutt
    Cold One

elmoheadbutt New Member

I like the white war paint on their faces. The skink looks like he just walked through a spiderweb... maybe its the camera?

8. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Heh, the first shot of all of the three together looked like a happy family, so yeah, I think you nailed the colour scheme. Still, I can warmly recommend the link n810 posted, it's an excellent tool in the future when you need to think more colour schemes!