1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. First 1k Tournament List

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Davatar, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Davatar
    Skink

Davatar New Member

Hi Guys!

Got a 1000pt tournament coming up soon, never played a 1k game with Lizards before so any feedback would be most welcome.

Saurus Scar-Veteran: Armour of Destiny; great weapon; Cold One
    Skink Priest: Lvl 1; Talisman of Protection; Lore of Beasts

18 Saurus Warriors: musician; standard bearer
    10 Skink Skirmishers: Lustrian javelins and shields

6 Chameleon Skinks
    Bastiladon: Solar Engine

Ancient Stegadon: Sharpened Horns

1,000 points

Not guna bother rolling for spells with the priest, just take Wyssans every time. Not sure why I went for the talisman on the priest either, just had points going spare.
    Considering dumping the priest and upgrading the Scar-Vet for an Old Blood, not sure.

Any thoughts?
    Cheers

2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

The Dispel Scroll may serve you better than the talisman. Small games can be more easily swayed by a crazy spell going off. That will give you some protection just in case.

The rest looks fine. The Scar-vet will do well, no need for the extra points on the OB. The Saurus unit seems a little light, but maybe not for a 1k battle.

3. Davatar
    Skink

Davatar New Member

Hey Qupakoco,

Thanks for the feedback, muchly appreciated!

I agree, a dispel scroll would be a great tool at this level. Not sure where to trim the extra points from though. I'm reluctant to drop the chameleons down to 5, as 6 seems to be the magic number. I suppose I could take the sharpened horns off the steg, but the thought of losing the additional impact hits makes me cry a little.