1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOW First Game Thoughts

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Gary_M, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Played my first game of TOW yesterday.
    I took an OldBlood on Carnosaur, Scarvet on Cold one, Skink Chief on Steg, Skink Priest with cloak of feathers, 3 x 10 skinks, 20 saurus warriors, 6 chamo skinks, Bastilodon, Ancient Stegadon

I faced a high elf army (I think a soft build for my first game!) with three big blocks of infantry, a chariot drawn by eagle(?) with a character, Lord on horse, a bolt thrower, 10 (elite?) infantry and 5 skirmishers which arrived turn 2 on a 4+.

Game flowed pretty well for my first one (my oppo has played a couple before I think). I liked the idea of magic being cast at different points in the turn. Charges are definitely better than in 8th, so that was good.
    However my biggest niggle was the idea that everyone in a line could fight if only one corner figure engaged.

But, overall, I liked it. However, I’m not convinced I like it enough to rebase or buy sabot bases for my cold blooded army. As long as playing just friendly games I hope this won’t be an issue.

Incidentally I lost the game, but only in the final turn. The turning point was a failed charge by my old bloods carnosaur the turn before. That goes in and I have a rear charge against his lords unit.

Kalisto and Christopher_Martinek like this.