1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the Old Ones

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by goodjobrob, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jimpan
    Skink

jimpan New Member

Very nice, I especially like the interseting colour choice for the skin :D !

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Very cool looking old blood, and great choice of colours!

3. lambobolt
    Skink

lambobolt New Member

hey, that does look great! and also love the skin color. mind sharing how you achieved that?
    thanks, looking forward to more pics!

4. goodjobrob
    Skink

goodjobrob New Member

Thanks guys! TBH its one nice looking mini and hard to screw up if you can "stay within the lines" Since my lounge of lizards is basically Red and tan in color, the color for my older/veteran krox/sauri/skinks is similar to a tanned albino. If that were possible

I use non GW paints (sorry GW) since im used to the way the mix and how much to thin them down when needed, (and to save money ;) ) After a black base coat, I start with a darker color first, in this case a reddy pink, and then add lightened layers up til the almost white highlights. I put about 3-4 layers per model, sometimes more depending on how much time/care i have, with GWs Sepia washes in between.

This Oldblood, my Kroxigor and one skink champion are the only albinos i have and the rest are of the red hue.

I'll try to post more army pics up this week before moving at the end of the month and they'll be packed up for a while :(

5. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Awesome looking oldblood. Especially the metal parts. Always a job well done

6. goodjobrob
    Skink

goodjobrob New Member

Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying the summer so far. after a move a couple of months ago and 1 game i have uploaded some pics with more selections from my lizards. Hopefully they'll inspire some creativity in you as other examples on here have for me.... Cand C always welcome!

Slann and Temple Guard.
    IMG00137-20101201-0023.jpg

Saurus Warrios with fresh batch in background
    IMG00159-20110317-0523.jpg

Single Sauri colors
    IMG00160-20110317-0524.jpg

CHARGE! Cold one Cav, Sallie, Oldblood and Albino Kroxigor
    IMG00161-20111005-1912.jpg

7. Arrogance265
    Jungle Swarm

Arrogance265 New Member

Just starting to paint my newly formed 3kish point lizard army in a VERY similar theme as yours... I'll be following with great interest your work here, this latest update looks AWESOME :) Keep those pics coming.

8. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Everything in that last photo tickles my fancy. Do you have a camera that's not an iphone? I'd love to see an in-focus picture of each of those models with some good lighting.

9. goodjobrob
    Skink

goodjobrob New Member

Thanks for the good responses. Its always good to see new pics and styles posted, especially over the summer. As for a better camera, I am currently looking around for a decent digital camera to use other then my Blackberry. (yes i still usse Blackberry) Once i have that i'll get a whole army pic log up.
    In the mean time I've finished up my two Kroxigor and now getting ready to tackle my Steg and last 30 skinks. Man the steg is alot of work..... Anywho here's my kroxes.
    Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
    IMG00529-20120424-0026.jpg
    The 3 Stooges, (before i highlighted the belly skin tones)
    Kroxigors.jpg

C & C always welcome.

10. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I love your colors. Esp the skin tone on your lord. Nice call with the green tongues too. Shields look real nice. But I most say, normally not a fan of the red lizardmen. But you're doing it well. And you're bases really suit your army well. I think your saurus could use some more stone on them, but it looks good. I think you should have made your slann purple or green though. Just to pop a little more. Stick with one of your off colors, but pop a little more. Kinda blends in too well. Almost unnoticeable. I like my lords big and bold focal points.

11. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

That's some fine lizardmen you got there! Very nice kroxigors I must say and that salamander look great. Will folllow this blog with much interest and I hope you can get a armyshot soon :)
    GL

12. Dangit
    Jungle Swarm

Dangit New Member

good looking lizards, I just wish my high elfses were that good :rage: .

(we still beat dinos though :beaver: :D )

13. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

Yeah I dunno - I've never had trouble with Elves :rolleyes:

Toughness 3, Dinosaurs. That's all.

I'll agree with previous comments, it's a good colour scheme you've got there.