1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest Golden Serpent 2016

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by The Red Devil, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

:writing:
    of the deamon sure and a couple of the EOG but I did prime it both are no wear near completion...well I do have that vet on a stardrake {the small one not the big one}

and @Jorgik / @SlanntaClause don't like that post now im all stressed :wtf::writing::hungover::hurting:

Jorgik likes this.
  2. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the lines of placing a skink on a 40mm base like this
    [​IMG]

Xlanax_lot, SlanntaClause and Jorgik like this.
  3. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

If it makes you feel any better, you would not have been able to enter the model anyway as you would not have the WIP image with the model not finished together with the piece of paper saying "Lustria-Online Golden Serpent 2016".

The idea behind this restriction is to force everyone to work on a new model for the entry, instead of just entering something they have made earlier.

SlanntaClause and Jorgik like this.
  4. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Which one do you wish me to like? I will do as you say, master ;)
    Edit: just clicked on like :p

Bracnos likes this.
  5. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

ok now im confused do you want a pic of all the bitz I will use for a wip model with out it put together with paper saying "Lustria-Online Golden Serpent 2016". then slap it together...

6. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I think it´s just with no primer. And your WIP picture doesn´t have the text written on the paper
    It actually makes sense because the point is to have a specific model made for the competition
    But I don´t know

7. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

That is a good question.

The idea is that people should not know it is yours, so perhaps early WIP as you work on it is allowed (but not the WIP picture with the paper of your handwriting). But that posting after you reach perhaps 50% completion should not be done?

What do you guys think? The goal is not to prevent people from posting in their paint blogs, just to try and make the voting more fair and by that hopefully get new members giving it a shot as well.

I like the idea, and it could possibly give you more votes, but the instructions for the voting will be that people should only consider the paint job when giving their vote. So due to this I am not sure of the benefit, but if you want to do it, go for it :artist:

Sorry, I guess the rules might be a little confusing (if anyone have an idea how we can describe this better let me know).

Under 1. c) we have this paragraph "-WIP picture requirements. For the "Painting" categories, it can be the model before or after priming. For the "Conversion" category, it has to be made during the conversion process, and clearly show that this is not a finished model."

The idea is that if you enter one of the Painting categories, then you will take a WIP picture with the unpainted (or primed) model that stands beside a paper with the "Lustria-Online Golden Serpent 2016" text on it.

For the conversion category, to prove that this is a conversion that you made now, the WIP picture should be someplace when the model is between 20-50% completed (standing/lying beside a paper with the "Lustria-Online Golden Serpent 2016" text on it).

As I mentioned earlier there is two reasons we added the restriction with the WIP picture beside a paper with the "Lustria-Online Golden Serpent 2016" text on it. Simply it is to make certain it is a new entry (many of us, have models created already which could easily have been entered into the categories otherwise, and this would not really be fair). Secondly it is to prove that you actually made the model, and did not just take some pictures from somewhere else.

8. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

ya I really don't know what to do now I guess ill rip apart what I have and take a pic of the remains...{trumpets play} "I will rise again" can be heard softly like a blowing sound on the wind...

edit answer given {and...I already killed him...}

Jorgik likes this.
  9. BeardyGecko
    Ripperdactil

BeardyGecko Well-Known Member

Ah so the Avatars of war saurians would count as the lizardman category and not the any other model? Interesting...

10. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

@The Red Devil so is it ok to send the WIP pic to the contest entry account now? then send the other pics after that? and for the painting/serpent comp its ok if we have primed the model...

oh no I have a pic I just recently took for the contest but did not place the paper with it I have began to work on the base but the models are unpainted just primed please tell me I can still submit this model its on my blog just posted the WIP pic yesterday...:nailbiting::nailbiting: if the answer is no then I understand I hate my self right now...

any know of the best was to strip flock off a base I will strip this thing bare and take the pic of it that way it was the big one I wanted to push myself with..now im rambling sorry

edit just make a new base stupid @Bracnos..everyone I answered my own dilemma its all good ;):confused::oops:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Jorgik likes this.
  11. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

I haven't really entered many competitions, but from what I've seen I felt that even if people were told to take nothing but the painting into account...they never really do. Every time someone entered a big fancy model on a big fancy base, even if it had an undoubtedly inferior paint job, it would win hands down next to better painted models. I know this makes me sound super whiney XD It's just my opinion that it gives an unfair advantage in "popularity" style contests. If It's voted for by a official panel then I have no problem with it :)

EDIT: Please don't get me wrong! I LOVE the effort people put into those fantastic bases and dioramas. I just always found myself frustrated when they were taken into account in PAINTING competitions in my past. Please don't feel I'll of me :S

12. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

I hope I can push myself and get into all three of the apprentice comps :writing::artist::writing::artist::rage::punch::blackeye:

13. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Phoedinn likes this.
  15. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Sorry about my freaking out first contest I have ever entered for this only been painting since last October ^_^

SlanntaClause and Phoedinn like this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I think that is a great solution!

Perfect! :) Thank you.

SlanntaClause likes this.
  17. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

Awesome to see everyone so exited about the contest!

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Agreed.

This contest is going to be EPIC! :)

Jorgik and Bracnos like this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I've already identified 18 potential projects across all three categories.

I've managed to narrow down my "short list" to 9...
    • 3 for category #1
    • 1 for category #2
    • 5 for category #3 (3 of which can double for category #1, 1 of which can double for category #2 and a wild card could fall into any of the categories)

So many decisions!

20. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Apologies if this has already been answered, but this is a long thread and I spend all day every day reading for work already :eek: . Does an entry have to be something that you started *after* the contest opened? Like, I have a project that I've done a tiny bit of work on, but the vast majority of the work will be done in the future. Is it enough for me to satisfy the WIP photo requirement, or should I start something new?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.