1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Good starting point?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by FullSlan, Aug 24, 2018.

1. FullSlan
    Jungle Swarm

FullSlan New Member

I'm planning to start the army, but I'll also ocationally play fantasy, my question is what's a good starting point to collect?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Start collecting box is the best value for money, you won't use all the units but it gives you a decent start, I did a tutorial on the box which squeezes out a few more useful models.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...rom-your-start-collecting-seraphon-box.20560/

3. Koriialstraz
    Temple Guard

Koriialstraz Well-Known Member

And your tutorial is gold !

You buy a start collecting box, then you go read this tutorial and you have a really good base for your army !

4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

This is depends on way you want to build your army: sarurus, skinks or big monsters? And if you want to play only with friends or participate in tournaments?

Start Collecting is always a good choice, especially if you want a Saurus army. Besides, you can easily make several good conversions like Scar-Veteran on Cold One and Astrolith Bearer. From the other hand, Saurus army will take time to build. You must have at least 40 warrors and 20 knights for your lists to work properly. So you'll need 2-3 SC boxes and 1-2 Warriors box. For larger games just get more Warrors (60-100 models total is OK) and Saurus Heroes - Sunblood and Oldblood. You can build towards Sunclaw Starhost, Fangs of Sotek or Dracotions Tail, if you go saurus heavy. All of these battalions can be really strong if you know how to use them.

If you want large monsters or skinks, a Skink Starpriest, a box of Skinks and Bastiladon could be a better choice. Separately, it will cost some more than SC box, but you will have an HQ, 2 battleline choices and a Behemoth - this will be 480 pts total, about the same amount of SC box. You will definitely want want these models when you shift to larger games. Alternatively, if you don't want big monsters, take a box of Terradon Riders instead of Bastiladon. From this point, you will need just buy more skinks + big monsters/fliers. Y

In either case, get slann ASAP, He is mandatory for 1000+ pts games.

Aginor likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Agreed @Crowsfoot tutorial is awesome. I would recommend checking out 2+though on youtube as well. He has many start collecting box reviews of which the Seraphon review is pretty solid. After that I would read through the Battalions list in your Seraphon Battletome (if you don't have the Battletome then this should be your first priority). Find a Battalion that speaks to you. My only caution is that Saurus Knights are not as good as they sound. If you decide to go a knights route then bear in mind you pretty much have to go Dracothion's Tail, found in the GH2018, to make them work. Like everyone else has said get a Slann, Saurus Astrolith Bearer, Skink Starpriest, and as many Skinks as your can stomach to build and paint.