1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Greek themed Lizardmen (Dual Carno Gen and BSB update)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by ZaGreekie, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Re: Greek themed Lizardmen (Completed Armys on Parade Page7!

I don't want to remove te spikes as that is one of the coolest features of the saurus, also they are a bit to thin with to much of rounded backs, I was thinking doing a savage orc base body that I lizard up that could work but I think it's more work then it's worth.

My idea currently is the spears being in more or less of a phalanx spear formation but marching and taking fire do the spears are resting on the shoulders etc the only change is the shields above there heads and the spears peeking threw at every gap.

2. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Hey sorry i have not posted much been swamped with preparing for a huge tournament on the 8th, for both 40k and fantasy.

Im taking my Lizardmen and Tau, but honestly Lizardmen are more just for fun but Tau im going to hopefully end in the top 10, i have created what i believe to be the most "unfriendly" tau list ever.

The 21 Ronin,
    my army is 21 Battlesuits and 24 Drones that's it about 60 plasma shots per turn and then allot of other tricks up my sleeve :p

ill post my list if anyone is interested. but as this is my Project blog i have lots of images of some of my lizardmen progress, as well as my Tau as promised before.

Ill start with my Tau,
    Ill start with my Kroot who i have themed to be Ashigaru, unfortunately in my final tournament army list i don't use any kroot but i still like how they turned out.

Funny storry about this guy xD, Riptide Battlesuits can "overcharge" there reactor, roll a D6 at the start of each turn and 3+ it works, 1 or 2 and the riptide instantly take a wond so saves aloud... well my first match with this riptide he failed 4 turns in a row haha!

Now enough Tau, LIZARDMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill start with my pride and joy, my new limited eddition lizardmen codex!!!! it is really beautiful worth every $ in my opinnion.

For lvl1 skink preasts useing lore of Beasts i had this idea, baby slanns!

I forget what these are accualy called, here in barcelona we call them "pokimons"

And thanks to the feedback i got here, these are my first "Stymphalian birds"

My new lizardmen list is a max Rappid, 2 pokemons, 2 Saurus blocks, and General and BSB on Carno! its not the most competitive list but i just LOVE playing it!!!!

3. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

ok SCREW THE TAU!!! I GOT LIZZARD FEVER!

I have decided on my army theme!

dual Carno list (its romantic but i love it)

General is Hercules, and has a lion skin cape and some hydra heads handing from the Carno on chains, and has Caberes on a chain leash. then the Rappids are Stymphalian birds, and well thats half of Hercules's challenges right there nicly tied into the army theme.

Then my BSB is Hercules's cousin Theseus, who Hercules rescued from Hades and brought back from the dead, and as a sign of his gratitude fights alongside Hercules, and the Standerd itself that he carrys is the head of the Minotor which he slayed holding it in his hand as he rides into battle.

Im in the middle of putting together Theseus's Carno now, ill also try and put up some pics of my Baby slann mage priest (count as skink priests) which are almost finished being painted.

So much for finishing my last 12 Tau battlesuits :p

4. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

This is going to be EPIC! Well, more so than it already is. :D

5. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

been thinking more about it, im going to use the body of a savage orc for Theseus, and the body of the savage orc hero with the 2 handed axe for Hercules that way i can make them look alot more like the mythological statures, all stupidly musclebound. and ill use the normal leg and tail from krogar, and ill sculpt scails and spikes down there back to join the tail with the orc chest,

im not sure 100% if this will work but i saw someone els make some savage orc saurus and that looks epic, so i think it should fit nicely.

6. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Well first pics of my dual carnos!!!!

So, here is Theseus, he will be holding a Minotaur's head in one hand, and the other fist in the air is kinda just for the "cheering" factor.

he will have no weapons as the mythology goes that mostly likely be beat the Minotaur to death with his bare hands. so ill paint both his hands full of blood and some nice blood splatter across his face and chest, ill also make the minotaurs face nice and beaten and bleading, not like it was just cleanly cut off with a sword but first beaten to a pulp and then ripped off.

Still very early in the conversion.

Now for Hercules i will be sculpting a lion cape onto him, and useing the savage orc warboss as the base body so far all i have done is start making the defult axe into more of a Hercules style 2handed club. im useing this body so that Hercules is clearly more built then Theseus, even tho Theseus is very much "greek god" level of built.

questions
    Does anyone know of a nice lion cape i could use for herculs so i dont need to sculpt it all myself?

im worryed that the cap from the highelf white lions will be a bit to small i was thinking maybe Archaons cape? any ideas?

7. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Awesomeness. There's the high elf ones: high_elf_white_lions_cape_3_large.jpg

8. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

mini update, almost finished sculpting the scales on Theseus

9. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Im worryed that 1 it will be to small, and 2 it looks to... elfy

10. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Perhasp some bit from the space wolves..?
    I think they have a lot of fur capes and stuff,
    if so it should be bigger... :shifty:

11. The Scottish Saurus
    Saurus

The Scottish Saurus New Member

dude youre amazing, i wish i had the dedication that you have all the stuff ive seen here is among the best ive ever seen. i especially love your tau battlesuits, the riptide "falling on his sword" is unbelievable.

the only comment i have is that from greek i beleive its actually Heracles and a very common mistake made by most people on the planet, maybe you could do gor rok as ajax or a converted cold one centaur sort of thing maybe?

12. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

I would love to make a Ajax but I don't know how really Becouse Gor rok would wok logically but Ajax had a 2 handed weapon and meet used a sheild.

I was thinking gameplay wise Ajax fits with a saurus cowboy with Crone of command and a great weapon but that would mean he is mounted in a cold one which does not fit.

And thanks for all the complements!!! There is one problem with the battle suit falling in his sword... He kills himself every game I use him haha!!!

13. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Did Ajax have a bossy grandmother?

I'll have to check my Iliad.

SoB

14. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Of corsé he did he is greek! Haha

15. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Point to ZaGreekie.

16. The Scottish Saurus
    Saurus

The Scottish Saurus New Member

maybe you could convert a kroxigor, to make him like a giant among saurus, or chakax might work??

thats how he became so big and strong!! from his grandmother making him eat so much!!!!

17. Baergren
    Skink

Baergren New Member

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster.

Just wanted to say this army was very inspiring and sparked ideas for a roman version. I think a Slann in a toga with the wreath crown would look pretty awesome.

Also i think the WoC dragon ogres might make for a pretty good saurataur conversion :)

Keep up the good work.

18. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Incredible and ingenious work, as always!!

19. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

Thats acualy really not a bad idea, for coldones themselfs, insted of normal coldones, Saurataurs!

i have many normal coldone and dark elf coldone bodys laying around i may start messing around and seeing if i can creat somthing that looks logical.

my worry with the WoC models is they are disigned for a 40x60mm base i think? and to try and get that model to fit on a 25x50 will be hell xD us lizardmen players already have enough troubles with getting units of saruus worriors to "fit" together as is!

20. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

I have started work on Hercules himself now,

just done the basic hack and glue so far to try and get the pose right, i think its good, i would have liked if he could have been swinging the weapon from further behind him but it just really did not look natrual becouse it did not match up with the pose of the tail at all.

anyway enough talking here he is, i included Theseus for size comparison.

I think the sizes turned out nicly, Theseus is significantly beefier then a normal saurus, but Hercules still makes him look small.