1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from an old newbie.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kitbash, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Kitbash
    Skink

Kitbash Member

Hiya all.

Started out collected as a kid in the late 90s, carried on until about the time 9th ed dropped then kinda fell out of favour with it.
    Now back into things with a vengeance, collecting Hordes (Everblight and Orboros), Deadzone (Plague) and about to delve back into Warhammer with AoS.
    I love everything about it, not least that everything in the lore seems to be trying to outdo each other in being a Judas Priest album cover.

I've always wanted to collect the Lizards, and the addition of them being celestial angels, as well as aztec dinosaurs, sealed the deal.

I'm a relentless converter and perfectionist, with the workflow of a continental shift, but I have a plan:
    Seraphon themed around crazy spacey magitech, allied with a very stormy-themed detachment of our favourite Sigmarines.

Or, as the fella at GW HQ called the idea: "Ridin' the lightnin' with the thundah-lizards!"

Loving some of the craftsmanship on show, hoping I can make the cut when I get my plog going.
    See you on the boards, chums ^w^

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Greeting Old One.
    welcome to Lustra.

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard, you've joined at a good time, we have a lot of questions and answers for AOS going on right now.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, get that plog going we want to see your models.

Bowser and Jorgik like this.
  5. Kitbash
    Skink

Kitbash Member

Thanks all. Will try and get that going ASAP, may be a little slow as I'm getting married in just under a month :p

6. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Welcome cant wait to see your ideas in the flesh :D

7. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

welcome aboard mate! hope to see your minis soon!

8. Kitbash
    Skink

Kitbash Member

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, folks.

9. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I look forward to seeing your conversions unfold. Whatever you need, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.