1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Has anyone used Mazdamundi under new 50% rules?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by NexS1, Nov 26, 2014.

1. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

As the title states, I'm wondering if anyone's used ol' Maz in the new 50% rules?

I imagine, competitively, we'd need lots of monsters to attract cannons and firepower...

2. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

I doubt many has a model to play him with...

It would be super cool if he got a new model and a new combined profile in the next end times book!

3. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Even just stand-ins for the funsies.

I really do not like the combined profile dealio. It takes the chance and danger out of fielding monsters. It's like warhammer for dummies.
    What erks me more is the fact that it's a blatant grab for money, ignoring the laziness of the decision "buy our big models now that they won't die, ever."
    Grr.

However, I feel that either Maz or Kroq-Gar would be the best candidates for a combined profile. Maz would be ridiculously powerful and probably end up being an auto-include for every LM army going forward :/

4. Screamer
    Temple Guard

Screamer Member

I think combined stats is THE way to go, since that prevents the canons from sniping both rider and mount.
    What is absurd is combined models with 1+/4++, T6-7 and 10 wounds.

But give an old-blood carnosaur something like T5-6, 2+/4-5++ and 7-8 wounds.
    Or a skink on stegadon T6, 3+/5++ and 7 wounds

5. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

if i had to use mazda, it would be using lore of life: imagine an ancient steg with a 4+ ward save, regeneration and tougness 10. Oh, and he's a lv 4 loremaster caster with improved line of sight. And a general with 18" IP. Yay. Sadly i think some armies can do things even better than this