1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help! 1St 1k battle

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Overbite, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Overbite
    Jungle Swarm

Overbite New Member

Hi all so I am just starting aos and have my 1St battle but was after some help as I have made 2 lists but don't know what's best option. I will be playing against highborn.
    List 1
    Sunblood
    Skink priest
    Skink star priest
    Bastiladon
    10 saurus
    10 saurus
    20 saurus
    Sunclaw starhost

List 2
    Skink priest
    Skink star priest
    Slain
    Engine of the gods
    10 saurus
    10 saurus
    10 saurus

Both list are 1k on the nose. If anyone has a better idea with the models I have then that would be awesome. I also have 20 Skink and 5 knights.
    Thanks

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Both lists are alright, I like list 1 more, but think that list two gives you better variety, and seems more fun. I would go to list 2 for your first game. Play with the magic and make use of that engine.

3. Overbite
    Jungle Swarm

Overbite New Member

That was my thoughts and rolling the extra dice on the engine gives a netter chance of bringing my Bastiladon for free and if I'm really on the dice gods favour something else. How should the 30 saurus run? 3 x 10 or a 20 and a 10?

Bowser likes this.
  4. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Don't forget that if you're playing Matched Play (which it looks like you are due to the points), you cannot summon anything for free, you would have to keep points back in reserve. This includes the Engine of the Gods' ability.

I would personally err towards your first list, as I feel like it would give you a solid understanding of how our army plays, as well as containing some pretty powerful (and reliable) units.

Best of luck either way- let us know how it goes!

Bowser likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I too believe that the first list would be better.
    Slann + EotG are fun and strong, but are more suited for higher points games.

And speaking about points... do you want to field no more than 1000 pts? because you're over that limit with list 1

Bowser likes this.
  6. Overbite
    Jungle Swarm

Overbite New Member

There should only be 10 saurus in the 3Rd unit. I didn't know that the engine counted as summoning as it is not a cast power it's an ability. Well think that decides it if that is the case. It kills the engine quite a bit as you have to leave out points on a off chance that you will roll a 14 to 17 as when you take 3 wounds it's impossible to do

Bowser likes this.