1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS I just had my first real match as Seraphon, against Chaos. I destroyed him, and then we had a talk

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

True, though I thought having a weaker frontline (warriors instead of guards) might be less frustrating to them. Plus it is a good model to counter hellcanons and the like.

Though seeing as the guy didn't play casual with his hellcanon, I suppose it's better not to do the same.

Btw, do you think I should drop out guards?

2. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

I've talking things through with my little brother, and we got inspired by your army :)

We prefer to make one big formation (that's cooler, more army and order like, since they are order Daemons), and therefor we will take the Eternity warden and 2 units of 5 guards instead of the scar vet on cold one and Cavalry.

The idea is that the eternity warden will join the front line along with his 10 guards, and spread a bit so they will take the brunt (with mythic shield cast from the Slann on the Eternity Warden) of the attacks. Behind them, at 1" difference there will be two rows of Saurus warriors with spears, and the 3 Dino's with their 2" reach attacks. So that the enemy can't attack them and weaken them. This means the warriors can't use their bite attacks though.

The next turn the guards will likely fall, but then my warriors can pile in and follow the next line of attack, with our dino's behind them. With the Trog and oldblood on carnosaur being able to take out high priority units. And my Slann will allow rerolls on saves against ranged attackers!

Bloodclaw Starhost= 100
    Oldblood on Carnosaur= 320
    - Artefact: Phoenix Stone
    Scar Veteran on Carnosaur= 260
    -Artifact: item that increases damage of one weapon by 1: So Spear, 2", 6 attacks now 2 damage each.
    Eternity Warden= 140
    Sunblood= 120
    Unit of 40 Saurus Warriors= 400
    Unit of 5 Saurus guards= 100
    Unit of 5 Saurus guards= 100

Troglodon= 200
    Slann Starmage (general)= 260
    - General
    - Trait: Reckless

How does that sound? :)

Bowser likes this.
  3. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Oh, and I just commissioned a friend to make a comic about the event :) She proposed making it after I told her the story, and I'm using this opportunity to support her as an artist and get some nice comics in return. Once she made all the pages, I could upload them here for anyone who is interested :)

Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Would definitely enjoy that!

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Cool! :)