1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icebloods... My Lizardmen PLOG

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by APhilmon, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Fleetfiend
    Saurus

Fleetfiend Member

Wow, I love the look and the fluff of these guys: just gorgeous! I'm a big fan of color schemes like that in general, and it looks wicked.

2. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

I feel like that may blend in with the models too much unfortunately. What about a purple? like amethyst or something? BTW here is what my stuff looks like right now:

Yes, that is 30 more Saurus which I plan to rebase some on unit fillers to make a unit of 40 with Spears. I want to place a Slann in that unit, I don't want Temple Guard.

My Steggy, started on the Howdah, and he has his base coat on his scales and skin which I did yesterday. The Howdah is a Somber Grey, has purple tint to it. I will pick out the eyes and probably put Emeralds as the gem of choice in there.

@Fleetfiend - thanks a bunch!!! Glad you like!!!

3. Fleetfiend
    Saurus

Fleetfiend Member

As for decoration colors, I like the amethyst idea. Would contrast nicely. However for the weapons specifically I think it would make more sense for them to be jade, since I believe that Mayans actually used jade sacrificial daggers and such.

4. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Is that a spidey I see? ;) Is he also painted to be ice tacular?

5. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

Not sure on the jade, may be too much green! I can do a test if I can find the right greens. Still considering the ice idea on the weapons.

The spider is part of my O&G forest goblin army! But they are currently on the back burner for now. At least until I get a bit more of the lizards done.

6. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

I like the ice weapon idea. I feel like jade would clash with the colour scheme and fluff. after all, there's no reason your army need emulate the Mayans/Aztecs/incans etc whatever

7. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

I may just go with ice weapons and a purplish ornamentation. Blowpipes would prob be purple, seeing as they aren't the parts that hit he enemy model anyway. So blade, axes, clubs, and other pointy stuff. Probably armor too!

8. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Something you could think about is what your lizards could make from their environment. You said they're from the petrified forest right? They could maybe have dark elf swords they scavenged from cities, petrified wood armour, and yeah, ice blades.

9. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

I don't want them to be Scavengers. My fluff shows them coming ou of hole buried in snow. Beneath the snow are the exterior of a temple, I want them to be a small temple placed there as part of the plan to put all the races back where they belong. I figure with races being spread all over the world, there would be a need for temples all over the world.

They have a slann and the resources available to create weapons and armor. No need to scavenge necessarily, however, using their natural resources is cool. Ice weapons should be fun to do!

10. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Coming along nicely man. Keep up the good work.

11. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

Just got three last edition kroxigors! Cannot wait to put some paint on them. Right now they are drying from being scrubbed and cleaned up. Assembly and prime tomorrow, then slapping some paint on all the units. Probably do all the blue crests and eyes. Maybe tart on the 40 spear saurus on Friday! Fun fun!

12. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

Updates:

A few pics of the Skrox unit. They are not done, but I did get all the crests and eyes painted with the three blue shades. Not too bad. Next will be using black on the weapons to get rid of any of the messy drybrushing. Little ornamentation will probably be done like the eyes and crests. I actually am liking the ice accessory, weapon and armor idea. Keeps the color scheme simple and effective I think.

Here is the standard bearer for the Skrox(if I choose to take it). Has also been used as a Skink Priest holding a staff. Staff needs work, but I haven't gotten to that stage yet.

Some random pics.

Next on my plate is to get the Saurus to this level. Then the 30 Saurus with Spears I have need to be cleaned up and reprimed(lightly). Going to do the unit fillers for them sometime this weekend I think and beef them up to 40 strong! Should be fun!

Hope you enjoy!

13. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Looking really good, I have always liked the old T-Rex kind of Kroxys and yours look stunning among the Skinks like that. Nice! Great work on the jewels of the staff/standard, too. What's your plan for the ice weapons?

14. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

I am thinking ebon shafts/pommels/non pointy end of things. The blades of javelins and hand weapons will be ice covered. I actually just did 30 of them, will take some pics soon and post them. I love them, I hope everyone else does too.

15. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

Here ya go:

Night shot haha

Stegadon with ice glyphs on howdah

Enjoy!

16. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

These lizards sure look pretty COOL! ;)

17. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Nice, the ice looks very fitting.

18. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

Thanks you lot, I should be getting the skrox unit up to that stage before the weekend is out. Then I will start getting some details down on the Saurus unit. Shields will be primed about the same time as the 40ish spear saurus are done as well!

19. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

Today's bit of work

Enjoy!!!

20. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

I am still loving the crap out of this army. The weapons and everything look fantastic. Ice is a fantastic lizardmen scheme.