Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Imrahil, Feb 6, 2019.
Excellent work on the red markings, they look so vibrant!
I am keep looking at them whilst hobbying other stuff
And now as promised:
looking at them a lot I noticed that they need a varnish on the spear tips and the yellow gems.
That's something to do after a possible purity seal
I magnetized the Scar-Veteran onto my Carnosaur, separate parts: Carnosaur, throne saddle, Scar-Vet, War-spear, Warblade and Greatblade.
Finished edge highlighting the scales, on one side
Also magnetized 5 Saurus Knights
Time for an update:
Finnished the scales, belly and mouth of the Carnosaur. Now painting All the Golden metal parts.
Beautiful and amazing work! Keep it coming!!
Very noice models you've made there
Painting my Carnosaur along my eye caught the embossed characters on the gold:
The left gold tablet looks to me like it says: KOE which is the dutch translation for COW!
So i nicknamed him: Carno Cow
Looking really good too
Just to nerd out a bit, I think the plaques on this side of the tail are translated (from Lizardmen glyphs) to read "COA", "TL", "XHOTL" and "MGH". So, I assume it's Coatl, Xhotl and whatever MGH might mean.
But, to this actual thread... the models look excellent. I really like the color schemes and your paint job.
Thanks for the translation
I am not that into the glyphs (yet), but could you explain why the 'OE' in the first glyph is translated 'OA' and in the third as 'OTL' ?
Sorry, it's just a nerd reflex. But, I like trying to see if the sculptors actually write out anything in the old lizzie language.
Sure. It will probably help to show you the old school "Lizardmen Alphabet".
Now, I'm making some educated guesses about some of the symbols, because they're pretty small on the carnosaur tail. Reading from left to right in your photo:
- I think the first symbol is the one for "C" (it doesn't have the dividing line, but it's the closest glyph, I think). The next symbol is the square ring that means "O". If you look closely on the tail, the next symbol that looks like an English letter "E" has a little point for the middle. That looks like the symbol for "A".
- The single symbol in the second plaque has more of a straight middle bar, making it the glyph for "TL".
- The next plaque has what I think is the symbol for "X" (at least it looks the most like it). Then the glyph for "H". Next the glyph for "O" again. And finally the symbol for "TL" again.
- The last plaque has the symbols for "M", "G", and I think "H", which seem pretty clear.
Man! I'm a huge nerd. I hope that helps
Thanks, this helps a lot
I agree with your translation skills
This page is very useful.
And don't be afraid of being a nerd, I myself really love writing in characters instead of letters
I memorized the dwarven runic alphabet of LotR (to apply on the Dutch language)
Gives some sort of satisfaction to write stuff others can't read
I usually just manage that with my handwriting!
That is definitely one awesome Carnosaur though!
This got me intrigued about the other plaques on the Carno's tail.
So here is the other side:
I will give it a try with the page you used: 'SOTE' 'K' 'SPHP' 'AH'
'SOTEK' or 'SOTEKS' i get, but the rest? 'PHPAH'
I am not a Fluff kind of guy, so i don't know anything about the spoken language of the Seraphon.
But is there someone else who has any idea?
If somewhere else on the forum this already has been determined let me know
Unfortunately, that's what I got as well. So, I don't know what that's trying to say... if anything.
It has been a week or so since i have been able to be online. In the meantime i have been able to do a little work on my Carna Cow, but not as much as i would have liked.
Main reason is: i have had a concussion about a week and a half ago.
During a soccer match(charity gig) i ran into my opponent and smacked onto the ground hitting my head with such force that a concussion occurred.
What followed was a memory-wipe form the whole evening. I woke up the next day not remembering a thing of that match but only going there to participate.
Do last week of June was a week of recovery and bed-rest.
I managed to do a little, as said, on my Carno:
- Highlighted the Black Scales with Kabalite Green and Sybarite Green
- Based and highlighted the base with Rhinox Hide and Gorthor Brown
- Highlighted the claws with Gorthor Brown
- Painted the broken banner emblem on the base
Stuff still to do:
- I am thinking of applying some Shade on to a few spots of the base as some wetter slaps of ground
- the claws need a highlight of Baneblade Brown
- the broken emblem needs some cleaning up and a wash of Agrax Earthshade over the Auric Gold
- the tusk stuck to the base needs some color(Baneblade brown > Rakarth Flesh > Seraphim Sepia > Rakarth Flesh > Screaming skull)
- the embedded jewels in the gold on his cheekbones (Yellow and Purple or Orange??)
- and last but not least basing with plants and grass and stuff.
WIP: Carno Cow
When all that is done ... ... on to his rider
Comments and Compliments Critiques are welcome!
Glad to have you back, and good to hear your head wasn't hurt even more seriously!
Really like how you painted those saurus. And nice looking carnosaur!
Luckily you didn't forget how to paint
Thanks all! advantage of working at home is that i have some moments to do a little painting in between
So i started at the saddle/throne of the Carnosaur.
Basic instinct i guess