1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Ironman Challenge.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by LizardWizard, Mar 8, 2019.

1. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Your dedication is most impressive.

I used this list once to help demonstrate to a buddy how playing the battleplan is more important than the army you play it with. Once was enough for me.

What did you learn out of your seven games?

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

that our cavalry suuuuucks and a bunch of positioning tricks how to properly screen and charging in single file to prevent pile ins. not easy ind im definatly not going for 3 wins

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, our Knights don't suck by any means. It's just that basicly all other cavalry is way better in comparison, or at least has a much clearer niche in their armies. Cavalry for other factions tends to either be a more elite version of their footslogging infantry with a massivly improved statline, or has some decent special rules (like doomfire warlocks being wizards). Whereas our Knights are only slightly better stat-wise compared to regular saurus & the only special rule they have that's unique to them is the completly underwhelming mortal wound mechanic. Hell, our "cavalry" isn't even our fastest option, so even in that aspect they're underwhelming.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

so ya suck covers it pritty well being the worst at what you do counters whatever mediocrity they aspire to. and its a shame i like cold ones i like a lot of our severely sub par units ... i just wish games workshop did to.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Cold Ones are not cavalry. They are fast infantry which provide excellent screening, durable models and nice fighting ability.
    If you use them to do things that are usually done by cavalry, then you will be disappointed, as they don't have the stats of the cavalries of all the other armies

Our real cavalry is composed by Terradons (harass) and Rippers (fast hitters)

Nart, LizardWizard, Imrahil and 2 others like this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Fair misleading but fair they are still slow for skermishers and the ability they have encourages Calvary play so I don't know what to do with them

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

basicly just use them as you'd use 10 man units of skinks but with the added bonus of them being able to actually stand their ground in a fight instead of just constantly retreating with wary fighter so they can actually contest an objective or assault a minor hero and viably win.