1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Joshua's adequate painting Blog.

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by jinjerJosh22, Oct 31, 2022.

1. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

This is the progress as well as a more finished version of what I've decided the scheme will be.
    PXL_20240206_232328288.jpg
    PXL_20240206_232427652.jpg
    PXL_20240206_232445010.jpg

I've also had this in the works:
    PXL_20240206_232556670.jpg

And of course I finished up the Scar-vet on Aggradon
    PXL_20240206_232737481.MP.jpg

Overall a decent start to 2024, hoping to finish the Stego a Starseer and some more that I haven't received yet before the 15th aka the next game day.

2. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Reinforcements have arrived... Though not the ones I ordered on the 30th of December :mad: but anyhow I caved and bought an extra box :p
    PXL_20240209_001636517.jpg

Warden, Imrahil, Explodingzeb and 2 others like this.
  3. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Fantastic work!

I especially liked this guy; love his gold armor and mask.

Imrahil and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  4. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Thank you :D
    I can't tell you how genuinely pleased I am with how he turned out. For some reason I have come to hate using Retributor armour but I decided to use it this time around and this is the result.

5. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Another 3rd Thursday of the Month has past which another battle for the Seraphon was fought this time one familiar foe()for me) and one very familiar foe for the Seraphon albeit the first time I have played against them myself.

The first battle was against someone who was new to the game and at times physically shaking with nerves, fortunately for the young man I am quite familiar with Gloomspite Gitz and we were playing next to someone who was playing with them also. She was a wonderful help :D
    This was kind of though for me as usually it's the other people helping me out with rules I forget what didn't help with the situation was my army made up of 5 units(1000 point games), 4 of which were making a debut for me, which where: a Starseer, a Scar-vet on Aggradon, a unit of Aggradon lancers and a Stegadon the only familiar one being my Saurus warriors. So the first game was mainly me focusing on my opponent and forgetting I had a battle round 2 Scry the stars ward save on my lancers who took 12 wounds :p

As for the second game this was against a friend who brought his Clan Pestilence a first for me as I effectively tabled his army whilst loosing the game on points. This was a bloody affair. both sides taking huge casualties but in the end my aggradon lancers who were charged by a Greyseer on screaming bell proved too much to handle but later felled by 10 rats attacking 40 times killing them to the wound. The Stegadon proved to be the most important model taking down a plague priest on plague furnace before rampaging though the 2 units of Plague monks and later shooting the remaining Plague priest. Overall very impressed by the new additions the Stegadon in the second game coming as a surprise. The aggradon lancers were just fantastic not only being able to dish it out but also able to hold their own in a pinch.

Warden, JTSleep and Vosrik like this.
  6. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

The Old World.
    Finally started on what will be my Wife's army :)
    PXL_20240416_235354199.jpg
    PXL_20240416_235439529.MP.jpg

Taking my time and trying to give them a high quality paint job. Let's see how long that lasts.
    I have the Tomb kings box set coming tomorrow.

Imrahil, Vosrik, Explodingzeb and 2 others like this.
  7. - Q -
    Bastiladon

- Q - Well-Known Member

Very cool. Is she going to help too?

8. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

No... haha. She tolerates having to play and is willing to learn how to play but that is were the input ends :D
    Although given the game systems she's had to learn, that is a fair bit of input for someone who is not really into the hobby. She did decide on the blue pants which originally I thought I wouldn't like but after doing it I have to say I quite like it :)

- Q - likes this.
  9. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Well this took a lot longer to build than I had hoped :rolleyes:
    PXL_20240417_151345268.MP.jpg

- Q -, JTSleep, Imrahil and 1 other person like this.
  10. - Q -
    Bastiladon

- Q - Well-Known Member

Well, you got her into the game, even if only partially, I'll call that a win!

jinjerJosh22 likes this.