1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kilvakar's Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Kilvakar, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Kilvakar
    Cold One

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

I've been excited waiting for the opportunity to post my first official battle report! I've done a few mostly practice games with varying results, but this is the first real matched play rules game I've done, so here's the report!

This was a meeting engagement battle using The Center Ground battle plan. We didn't use any of the Realms rules, so just faction artifacts and spells.

My list:

Spearhead Deployment:

General: Slann Starmaster. Great Rememberer, Incandescent Rectrices, Stellar Tempest

3 Kroxigors

Main Body:

Engine of the Gods

10 Saurus Warriors

3 Ripperdactyls

Rearguard:

5 Saurus Knights

Endless Spell: Balewind Vortex

Enemy List: Idoneth Deepkin

Spearhead Deployment:

10 Namarti Thralls

3 Morrsarr Guard

Main Body:

General:
    Eidolon of Mathlann: Aspect of the Sea: Unstoppable Fury, Arcane Pearl, Arcane Corrasion.

10 Namarti Thralls

Rearguard:

3 Morrsarr Guard

Endless Spell: Suffocating Gravetide

Turn 1: I get to go first, start by teleporting the Kroxigor in front of the single central objective and teleporting the Slann behind them, then casting Balewind Vortex and saving the rest of the spells for 9 summoning points.

Deepkin run the Namarti and eels up. Neither of us has any shooting, so that basically ends that turn. I win the objective getting 3 points, each of us gets 1 point for kill totals with neither of us having any kills that round.

Seraphon: 4,
    Deepkin: 1

Turn 2:

I win the roll off and decided to go first. I deployed my main body of army at the starting zone and rolled for the Engine of the Gods and got the 10-inch MW attack, but nothing was in range so it did nothing. I teleported the Saurus Warriors and Engine of the Gods to just behind my front line. I burned all four of my spells for summoning points and decided to summon a Troglodon. Dropped it 9 inches away from the unit of Morrsarr Guard and then shot at it during the shooing phase but did no damage. I then charged my Kroxigors into the front line of eels. Managed to make the charge with the Troglodon even though I missed with the spit attack, but due to the incredible toughness of the eels I only managed to deal two damage to one of the eels.

Deepkin player deployed their Eidolon and their second group of Namarti. The Eidolon cast Arcane Bolt on the Kroxigors, which I failed to unbind, and did 2 damage to one of them. Then he did 2 damage on the Slann with Arcane Corrasion. The only shooting was from the Eidolon, who did 2 wounds to the Troglodon. Then the Namarti charged in on the Troglodon, who got butchered in the combat phase. He died without having much effect, unfortunately. But the Kroxigors were surprisingly tanky in this battle, and managed to survive the eels attacks with all 3 units intact.

I still held the objective, gaining 3 points. The Deepkin won on the wound total kill count, gaining 2 points.

Seraphon 7,
    Deepkin 3

Turn 3:

I won the roll off again and went first. I deployed my final unit of Saurus Knights and saved all my spells for summoning. I teleported the Ripperdactyls to toward the front line (and the blot toad!), and teleported the Slann away from the Eidolon and second group of Namarti, who were getting dangerously close, and put him behind the Engine so he could keep buffing it's roll. I then rolled the 25 inch d6 MW blast on the Engine and hit the Eidolon. Rolled a 6 and knocked him down to half health. Missed shooting with the Engine, and charged the Rippers into a group of Namarti. The toad wasn't close enough, though, so no bonus :( It was high tide, which I kind of neglected to realize, so the Namarti and eels hit first, killing only one of the Rippers, strangely enough. I retaliated decently and took out about 3-4 Namarti. I then lost a Kroxigor to the eels, but managed to take one of the eels down in return. Kroxigors continuing to roll very high on saves!

The Eidolon tried to cast Gravetide, but I unbound it. He did manage to hit the Slann with the Cloying Mists, bringing him down to 4 wounds. Hit him again during the shooting phase, so 2 wounds now. Then the Deepkin attacked the Rippers again, taking out another one, but losing all but one of their Namarti in the process. The last remaining Kroxigor made all his saves against the eels, though. The second group of eels charged into my Saurus Warriors, followed by the Namarti. Needless to say, they got wiped out to the last lizard.

But despite my heavy losses, I managed to hold on to the objective!

Seraphon 10,
    Deepkin 5.

Turn 4:

I won the roll yet again! I teleported the Knights in behind the Eidolon, teleported the newly rejuvenated Slann away from the Eidolon again, and summoned an Oldblood on Carnosaur after saving all four spells once again. The Engine rolled the 1d6 MW blast again, thanks to still being close to the Slann even after taking a lot of damage. I hit the Eidolon for four damage, so now he was down to 2 wounds. The Engine missed again during the shooting phase, and attacked the Eidolon during the charge phase. My Carnosaur failed the charge, unfortunately :( My last Ripper tried to take out the last single model in one of the Namarti units, but failed. My Knights charged the Eidolon, but did no damage at all. The Engine attacked the Eidolon, and also did no damage.

Eidolon tried again to cast Gravetide, but I unbound it once more. He retaliated by doing two more damage with Cloying Mists to my Slann, and finished him off during the shooting phase. But my Rectrices kicked in, and I rolled a 6 on the heal! They then used the Ebb Tide to pull the eels back and charge the Kroxigor, and that extra rend finally brought him down. I was very glad they managed to hold the eels off the objective for so long, though. The second group of Namarti charged moved towards the Knights, the eels that my Kroxigors had been fighting moved up behind the Knights as well, and the Eidolon attacked them. With the combined attacks from the Eidolon and the eels, as well as the few Namarti who were able to squeeze into fighting range, I lost 3 knights.

But even after all this, I had the one Ripper, the Knights, and the Engine in range of the objective. The Deepkin had the Eidolon and one group of eels, so I STILL held it!

Seraphon 13,
    Deepkin 7

Turn 5:

Deepkin won roll-off and took the double turn. The Eidolon once again tried to get Gravetide off, but once again I unbound it. I also unbound their second spellcasting attempt, so no magic for the Eidolon this turn. Instead of re-rolling a casting roll, he opted to heal, but only healed 1 wound, and missed his shooting. The Deepkin rolled pretty badly this round, which is probably why I was able to survive. Their last Namarti in the 1st unit managed to kill my last Ripperdactyl, but the Eidolon, eels and 2nd unit of Namarti manged to leave one of my Knights alive!

On my turn, I used all my spells! I switched to Meteoric Convocation, and I was able to take out all that was left of the 2nd group of Namarti with it after softening them up with another blast from the Engine. I then finished the Eidolon with Arcane Bolt after he failed to unbind it, and I rolled a 10 so I did d3 MW and rolled a 2. So the Slann lived up to his magical reputation this battel for sure! My knights turned to fight the eels and did no damage once again, but were still able to block them from the objective. My Oldblood finished off the single Namarti in the 1st unit with his sunbolt gauntlet, and then charged the eels, taking 2 of them out. The engine attacked the eels and, you guessed it, did no damage, lol! But this was the final round, and for the first time this round I had managed to kill a lot of stuff on the Deepkin's side. So the final score was:

Seraphon 18,
    Deepkin 7

Major Victory for the Seraphon!

That battle took about 3 hours since neither of us were super experienced. But it was definitely fun! I was probably a lot luckier than I should have been, especially with the Kroxigors surviving so long against Morrsarr guard and having so many attacks fail completely. But thanks to teleporting and summoning, I was able to hold him off the objective and keep myself from getting tabled, which is definitely what would have happened had I not summoned what I did. The reason I chose not to use Skinks in this battle was because of the battle plan. Take and hold the center of the map, no not a lot of movement shenanigans to be had there. I basically figured that I could summon slightly more durable stuff and use it to hold them off for as long as possible, and it worked! But darn, those Deepkin are actually really tough to kill! Other than the Namarti, the eels and the Eidolon were very, very tanky and did a ton of damage. I didn't manage to take out either unit of eels, and the Eidolon was only damaged by magic and EotG MW spam. And this was the spellcaster Eidolon! I'd hate to see what the melee one was like, lol!

But anyway, first official battle report! I hope you enjoyed it! C&C welcome, and I hope to post many more of these in the future!

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    Skar-Veteran

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Awesome bat rep. Glad to see some write ups for Meeting Engagements!

Kilvakar likes this.
  3. Kilvakar
    Cold One

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was hoping for a full 2000 point battle, but my friend who was playing the Deepkin wanted to try out that specific battle plan. It was definitely fun! I'm looking forward to getting more experience with larger battles, different battle plans, and facing off against different armies. I expect I'll have more Seraphon vs. Deepkin battle reports though, as the Deepkin player is a friend of mine.

LizardWizard likes this.