1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Kings of War Lizardmen beta list

Discussion in 'Salamanders Discussion' started by GCPD, Aug 16, 2015.

1. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

Any chance of finding and posting it here

2. eron12
    Saurus

eron12 Active Member

Will not charging $10 each catch your interest?

Scalenex likes this.
  3. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

That's definitely a big plus and may still be interested if the other models in the list look good I'm just not impressed look wise with what's been shared so far

4. laribold
    Cold One

laribold Active Member

Played my first KoW game last night and whilst it us definitely it's own game and not the same as WFB, there's two things i took away from it.

Firstly, i quite enjoyed it. It's definitely worth investigating further imo. It is a more clinical game without as much 'stuff' happening but that also makes it cleaner.

Secondly, my 'brief' experience of a Forces of Nature list has got me thinking that they are a decent match/crossover for Lizards. There's short(ish) range missile troops, squishy tar pits, stronger more durable infantry, decent mage options and big monsters.

I know that they are working on a more obvious Lizardmen crossover list, but I'm not convinced it really need it.

I played my KoW game immediately after a game of WFB (both vs Dwarfs) and the play style felt familiar enough despite being in different games.

But anyway, KoW is not a carbon copy of WFB (which I'll continue to play as long as i have opponents) but KoW seems worth investigating further.

5. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

[​IMG] @Rikard here is some art I found on there blogg [​IMG]

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. Boothy Baby
    Skink

Boothy Baby New Member

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=130275

There you go.

From the looks of things they have painted a whitish color round the jaws of the salamanders that make them look like they have huge goofy teeth......like GW did with the newest dark elf hydra. Hopefully the heads will look better with a different paint scheme.

Nature is an excellent fit for lizards as well, its what I have been running mine as prior to the salamander beta list.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

They're not bad, but in my opinion they're still lacking the quality that GW can deliver. :meh:

8. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

That first does them some justice though I could never get behind lizard men using metal weapons and that harness thing seems out of place

9. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Hmmm...Interesting concept, the colours are a nice break from the ice blues and greens that tend to dominate the Lizards.

Although I quite like the second piece of artwork, it's overdone scale wise, it's a little too close to this:
    [​IMG]

Although scales are nice and help show the armoured qualities of the character/hero/monster/etc, you CAN easily over-do it, which is exactly what's happened with the chest scales in the Gor-rok and the concept piece.

Doesn't matter what you do pose wise, your chest plays a huge part in all arm movements because of the attachment on the bicipital grove of your arm and the greater tubercle of the humerus. It means any arm movement causes the pec major to either contract or elongate, so have a block of scales covering it does not make sense, it will limit the movements you do can, unless of course the scale plate is like an armour plate and isn't actually part of your body.

For example:

Big scales, big spikes, but moderation is still applied.

By contrast the other option would be along these lines:
    - You can still have scales in that area, but again kept to a minimum, with areas over the sternum being made thicker to emphasis the fact it's not a moveable part and add a little separation between the different sections of the chest.
    [​IMG]

This is something I'll cover to a great extent when I do the next big update on Gor-rok.

10. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

First off can someone make us some warriors with that first example crazy awesome :jawdrop:

What about a form of sectional scale that shift and move in sync (probably not the best word) with corresponding muscle and ligament groups in the chest or arm

11. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone already is.:angelic: (Or variant of)

You could, but not with a solid plate like scale, it would have to be via a series of smaller ones.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

:):):)Interesting... very interesting!:):):)

13. Tecuani
    Saurus

Tecuani Member