1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen Achievements List, WIP need feedback

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Scalenex, Jan 22, 2014.

?

I think the achievements should be able to be claimed

1. At any point since starting playing LM

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. At any point since playing LM in 6th edition

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. At any point since playing LM in 7th edition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. At any point since starting playing LM in 8th edition

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. At any point since starting playing LM with the current book

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  6. At any point since the achievements list was first viewed

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. At any point after the achievement programming becomes available

11 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

So the idea of an achievements list came up on the Ideas and Feedback forum. Red Devil talked about Lustria getting an overhaul this year and gave his blessing for me to come up with an achievements list that he can later program in so people can easily select them on their profiles.

Here's the current draft of the achievement list. I'm open to any and all suggestions for new achievements. Also if someone thinks an achievement should be renamed or moved to a different tier, I'll take that under advisement as well. Right now I have three tiers, Skink Chief, Scar Veteran and Slann. A rarely used fourth category of Sotek tier is used for near impossible things. If someone has a better idea for a tier system I'm open to that as well.

Unless it specifically says otherwise. The phrase "with my Lizardmen" applies to every achievement.

Army Battles

Skink Chief
    -My Animalmen are better than your Annimalmen!: Defeat the Beastsmen
    -Battle of the 5th Edition Starter Set: Defeat the Brettonians
    -Fighting the Old Foe: Defeat the Daemons of Chaos
    -Raid This!: Defeat the Dark Elves
    -Creating Grudges: Defeat the Dwarves
    -Stay on Your Side of the World Pond!: Defeat the Empire
    -We Had High Magic First!: Defeat the High Elves
    -Out of my WAAAGH!: Defeat the Orcs and Goblins
    -Hungry for More: Defeat the Ogre Kingdoms
    -Feeding Sotek: Defeat the Skaven
    -Lara Craft was a Lizard: Defeat the Tomb Kings
    -Fight Them Over There: Defeat the Warriors of Chaos
    -Fighting in the Deciduous Jungle: Defeat the Wood Elves
    -Buffy was a Lizard: Defeat the Vampire Counts
    -ForgeWorld is Overpriced: Defeat the Chaos Dwarfs
    -Spawning Brother Against Spawning Brother: Defeat another Lizardmen army
    -I Sure Showed Me!: Swap models and with a friend. Lose against your own models.
    Scar Veteran
    -I Don’t Mind Attacking Last: Defeat all three Elf armies.
    -Old Ones Original Directive: Defeat Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos, and Beasts of Chaos.
    -Anathema Purge: Defeat Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, and Beasts of Chaos
    -You Don't Belong Here: Win a game against: Empire, Brettonians, High Elves and Dwarfs.
    -Morr is Pleased: Defeat the Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts
    -Unofficially the Victor: Defeat the Dogs of War, Cathayans or some other fan-made list
    -Harder Than You Think: Draw three games
    Slann
    -Schooling the Prodigals: Defeat every Force of Order other than Lizardmen and also the Ogre Kingdoms
    -Schooling the Fallen: Defeat the Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Warriors of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves and Dark Elves
    -Grizzled Veteran: Lose to every army listed in the BRB

Terrain Fun

Skink Chief
    -I can Swim and You Can’t!: Have three separate units march across a river in a single game.
    -Sorcerer’s Apprentice: Put a Skink Priest in a Wizard’s Tower
    -The Skinks lied to us!: Lose five or more wounds in one game due to dangerous terrain tests resulting from water features.
    Scar Veteran
    -What has a tail and kicks ass?: Win a challenge of the Sphinx
    -Casper Dislikes Reptiles: Have a unit lose its last wound to a Haunted Mansion
    -Assist the Table: Use Curse of Anaheir to make an enemy unit take damage take wounds three or more wounds from rolls of 2.
    Slann
    -Undead Underdog: Defeat an undead army in a game where a charnel pit is somewhere near the table center
    -Sobering Victory: Wipe out a Dwarf unit in a Brewhouse.
    -Lady in Waiting: Defeat a Brettonian army in a game where a Grail Chapel is somewhere near the table center.
    -Should Have Stayed Put: Have a unit lose its last model(s) to a dangerous terrain test
    -Worst..Miscast...Ever: Trigger a miscast during the channeling portion of the magic phase thanks to Arcane Ruins.

Modeling Fun

Skink Chief
    -A good start: Field a 1500+ point army in an actual game where every model is fully painted to a standard you are personally proud of.
    -Novice Award: Convert a Model (needn’t be Lizardmen)
    -Taste of Home: Make Some Jungle Terrain and use it in a game
    -Showing Off: Post something in the Itza Gallery of Fine Arts
    Scar Veteran
    -A good continuation: Field a 2500+ point in an actual game where every model is fully painted to a standard you are personally proud of.
    -Intermediate Award: Convert a unit 10+ infantry units, 3+ Monstrous Infantry/Warbeasts, or one large base model (needn’t be Lizardmen)
    -Get Off My Lawn!: Play a game with all jungle themed terrain that you helped create yourself
    -Itza Worthy Endeavor: Make Mazdamundi
    Slann
    -Rikard Award: Create a Model from Scratch (needn’t be Lizardmen)
    -Grand Artist: Field a grand army in an actual game where every model is fully painted to a standard you are personally proud of.

Noteable Kills/Deaths

Skink Chief
    -Pleasant Surprise: Have a Skink Brave, Patrol Leader or Chameleon Skink Stalker win a challenge against, well anything
    -What every forum has a thread on: Kill a Daemon Prince
    -The Boss is Watching!: Have a Revered Guardian win a challenge while in base contact with the Slann
    -Monster Mash: Have a Carnosaur take the last wound off any enemy monster
    -“Watch my Back!” “Your Back Just Got Punched Twice”: Have a character die as an immediate consequence to a failed look out sir roll.
    -Stand Your Ground! Oh Wait You Guys are Skinks!: Have three units panic in one phase due to a single event.
    -Where’s a Skink when you Need One?: Have a Predatory Fighter unit of points pursue an enemy unit off of the table. The enemy unit is at MOST half the points cost of the Saurus unit counting characters on both sides.
    -Really?: Lose a Stegadon, Bastiladon, Troglodon, or Carnosaur to a single artillery shot in turn one.
    -Well This is Over…: Lose a Slann in round one to enemy magic or artillery.
    Scar Veteran
    -Brute Strength Over Finesse: Have a Kroxigor Ancient defeat a Hero in a challenge
    -Princely Victory: Kill a Daemon Prince without casting any spells at the DP or the models who fight it. It doesn’t count if the Daemon self-inflicts any miscast wounds on itself.
    -By MY Standards I won Fair and Square: Have a Skink character on a Stegadon or Ancient Stegadon win a challenge against an enemy character.
    -King of the Monsters: Have a Carnosaur take the last wound off a Giant, Hydra, and Dragon over separate games
    -Van Helsing was a Lizard: Defeat a Vampire lord level character in a challenge when the Vampire has both Red Fury and Always Strikes First.
    -Epic Battle: Have a Special Character win a challenge against another Special Character
    -Crumble Before Me: Play a game where at least 500 points of TK or VC units are wiped off the board due to a hierophant or general dying.
    -Battle Toads 1: Win any challenge with a Slann
    -I am the EGGMAN!: Successfully use the egg of Quango to win a combat and wipe out the enemy
    -Realistically He Wouldn’t Really Die for This…: Have a Slann BSB auto-die from breaking
    Slann
    -Brute Strength Ueber Alles!: Have a Kroxigor Ancient defeat a Lord in a Challenge:
    -Kaitar Award: Have a Saurus or Skink champion defeat a Hero or Lord in a Challenge
    -Battle Toads 2: Break and run down a unit with a solo Slann in Close Combat
    -John Henry Was a Lizard: Kill a Steam Tank with a character in close combat
    -Statistically Possible: Have a Temple Guard unit with at least three ranks Slann BSB break from combat and get destroyed.
    -Needs SPF 5000: Kill an undead hero or lord with the Bastiladon’s Solar Engine
    -Hammer Time!: Take the last wound off any hero or lord with the Bastiladon’s tail attack.
    -Not the Underdog: Lose a non-wizard character in a challenge against a regular unit champion
    -Ben Hurr was a Lizard: Kill four chariots in a single game and win, unless you are playing Tomb Kings in which case you need to kill NINE chariots to qualify.
    -Do NOT mix up the spelling!: Have a Slann take the last wound off of a Slaanesh lord level daemon or a WoC lord with the Mark of Slaanesh.
    -What Just Happened?: Lose a Saurus character in a challenge to an Empire character with Van Horstman’s Speculum.
    -Are You Serious?: Lose two of the following in round one to two separate artillery weapons firing once each: Bastiladon, Carnosaur, Stegadon, and/or Troglodon
    -Hell comes to Frog Town: Successfully defeat WoC or DoC only fielding Slann characters
    They have a T-Rex!: Destroy an empire steam tank with your Carnosaur.
    -It’s NOT over!: Lose a Slann in round one to enemy magic or artillery, then win or draw the game anyway.
    Sotek
    -No One Will Believe Your Story: Have Chameleon Skink, Cohort Skink, or Skirmisher Champion slay a lord in a challenge.

Magic

Skink Chief
    -Because normal game magic phases aren’t weird enough: Win a Storm of Magic Game
    -Manipulating the Winds of Magic: Gain ascendency in one of your lores by manipulating the wheel at least once
    -Didn’t Lift a Finger: Watch an enemy general die from his own miscast.
    -We are NOT a One-Trick Army: Play a game of over 2500 points without a Slann and win.
    -How do scales rust?: Play a game against a L4 level Lore of Metal caster
    -Seriously!?!: Miscast when rolling two dice
    -Rite of Passage for LM Players: Lose a Slann to a miscast vortex
    -Also a Rite of Passage for LM players: Lose at least ten Temple Guard due to a single miscast.
    Scar Veteran
    -Renliss Award: Play a Storm of Magic game with a Vampire Counts Pact
    -Blasphemer’s Award: Play a Storm of Magic game with a Daemon Pact
    -Kroak Award (mummy kinship?): Play a Storm of Magic game with a Tomb Kings Pact
    -No Outsourcing: Play a Storm of Magic game and spend all your Storm of Magic points on Cold Blooded monsters.
    -Victory in Defeat: Miscast while near or in base contact with an enemy unit and inflict more wounds on the other side with the miscast than you received.
    -Growth Spurt: Have a Skink Priest successfully cast Transformation of Kadon, win a round of CR and run the unit down as a monster.
    Gimme Another!: swap out five High Magic spells in one game. Cast at least four of your new spells at least once each.
    -Overreaching: Achieve Dominance during a Storm of Magic game, and then lose the battle anyway.
    -Department of Redundancy Department: Have a Slann get turned into a toad via the Hex Scroll or a Storm of Magic miscast.
    -Worst Acolyte or Best Acolyte?: Have a Skink Priest miscast three times in one game and survive till the end.
    -Scaly Necromancer: Win a game using the Lore of Undeath
    Slann
    -Spice of Life: Win separate games with a Slann with all eight BRB Lores, High Magic, and Wandering Deliberations.
    -This Has to Happen at least Once Right?: Cast the Great Leveler during a Storm of Magic game and then go on to win said game

Using The ALL Army book options

Skink Chief
    -Almost Pays for Itself: Gain three swarm bases in a single game with the Ark of Sotek
    -Basic Synergy: Break a unit in close combat while Swarms are providing poisonous attacks to a Saurus unit
    -Because The Model Looks Cool: Break a unit in close combat with Saurus units supported by a Troglodon’s roar
    -“I got this guys!”: Have a Predatory Fighter unit restrain themselves somehow following the directions of a Skink Chief on a Ripper who cannot stop himself.
    -Extra Snacks: Have a single Salamander or Razordon end the game with 6 or more handlers.
    -Totally Worth It: Have a Skink die due to serving as Arcane Vassal during a miscast.
    Scar Veteran
    -Kill an enemy unit champion with Oxyotl’s sniper ability
    -Swap two spells between Slann with Telepathic Confabulation and actually have a valid reason to want to do it (getting this achievement does not constitute a valid reason).
    -ZaGreekie Award: Play a list with two Carnosaurs, win the game, and have both Carnosaurs and their riders still on the board in the last turn.
    -Trogdar Award: Play a list with a Fire Slann, Ruby Ring of Ruin, at least three Terradons with Fireleech Bolas, and at least two Salamander packs and win.
    -Muggle Power: Win a game of at least 2000 points with no wizards or bound spells at all.
    -Obscure Ability GO!: Have Chakax pass a ward save while fighting a challenge, then win that challenge.
    -No Ahlzheimers for this guy!: Have Lord Kroak face a rule that would normally cause him to forget his spell.
    Slann
    -Heroics of the Old Ones: Win a games using all the special characters
    -Dodgson will be mad: kill an enemy hero or lord with the Troglodon spit attack.
    -Salute the Guy Standing Next to Your: Kill an Enemy character with Oxyotl’s sniper ability

Walk the Dinosaur
    Skink Chief
    -Rasputin was a Dinosaur: Have a monster survive three direct hits by cannon balls or rock lobbers.
    -Because I like Warbeasts: Run six or more Salamanders and/or Razordons in a single game and win
    Scar Veteran
    -Defending the Contents of My Stomach: Have a Salamander or Razordon eat its last handler, then rolls 3 or 4 on the Monster Reaction Chart
    -N810 Award: Field a unit of at least fifteen Cold One Riders and win the game, have some of the unit survive.
    -REALLY Frenzied: Play a game with three blot toads on the board.
    -Just Like the Illustration on Page 48!: Play a game with Ark of Sotek and Solar Engine Bastiladons both on the board. Have at least one of each survive the battle.
    -Lord of the Southlands: Win a game of at least 2000 points size without the use of a Slann, Saurus characters, Saurus Warriors, Temple Guard or Cold One Riders.
    -Take That Newton’s Third Law of Motion!: Stop a bouncing cannonball with a Salamander or Razordon by only losing a single handler.
    -Conventional wisdom was Right: Field a Troglodon that kills nothing and fails to generate a single Predatory Fighter attack on a “5”.
    Slann
    -Unstoppable Juggernaut: Field and army with five or more of the following: Carnosaurs, Bastiladons, Stegadons, Troglodons, and/or Ancient Stegadons. Have all your large dinosaurs still on the table at the end of the game.
    -Heroics of the Old Ones: Win at least one game with each of the Lizard Special Characters.
    -Conventional Wisdom was Wrong, Dead Wrong: Have a Troglodon kill twice it’s points in units.
    -RRRR?: Have a Carnosaur survive an entire battle without ever gaining Frenzy.
    -The Coldest One: Fail a stupidity check while in range of the generals leadership and the BSB's re-roll.
    -You're Fired: Lose at least one of your own models to a poorly executed Salamander shot then have at least one friendly units panic.

Scenarios
    Skink Chief
    Big Red Book, check: Play each of the six basic scenarios.
    Temple guards, literally: Win a Siege Scenario as Defenders
    Scale-ing the Wall: Win a Siege Scenario as Attackers
    Slight Improvement in My Opinion: Play one of the basic six scenarios with slightly modified rules.
    Scar Veteran
    Big Red Book, CHECK!: Win each of the six basic scenarios.
    All along the Watchtower: Win separate Watchtower scenarios as both attacker and defender.
    Why would Lizardmen care about a river crossing this much?: Win the River Crossing Scenario
    Pioneer: Play a scenario you designed yourself.
    Mysterious Terrain: Play with an alternate terrain generator themed to taste.
    Because I want MORE dinosaurs: Play a Monstrous scenario (25% Scrolls of Binding monsters but no other Storm of Magic rules)
    Not just a two-player game: Play a Triumph and Treachery scenario.
    Slann
    Because Repeating Waves of Core are Neat: Win the Invasion scenario as attacker and defender
    Because I collect more than just Lizardmen: Win the Unlikely Allies/Mercenary Scenario twice (or Triumph and Treachery games with mercenaries). Once with Lizardmen as your base troops, once with Lizardmen as your allied force.
    Great Triumph: Win a game each of the three basic Triumph & Treachery scenarios.
    Great Treachery: Lose a game of each of the three basic Triumph & Treachery scenarios.

The Wider World

Skink Chief
    -Building Connections: Participate in a local tournament
    -Building Continuities: Participate in a map campaign
    -No "I" in Lizard: Win a Team Game
    Scar Veteran
    -Local Tough Guy: Win a local tournament
    -Long-Earned Victory: Win a map campaign
    -Guy Behind the Scenes: Run a map campaign (needn’t be Lizardmen based)
    -Leaving Lustria: Participate in a national or international tournament
    Slann
    -Basking in Fame: Win a national or international tournament

2. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

Absolutely, positively, LOVE the idea. Talk about a way to motivate for the next game (and the next one, and the next one...)!

I'm sure I'll have more comments/ideas, but off the top of my head I would suggest renaming any of them that put personal judgements on display. For example, "Does anyone LIKE this Scenario: Win a Watchtower game" and "Take That Overpowered Unit!: Kill a Daemon Prince." I get what you are saying with these, but my smile immediately got a little bit less when I read them (especially the Watchtower one - I really enjoy that scenario (my favorite, to be honest)).

Funny enough, I had thought about renaming "Lara Craft was a Lizard: Defeat the Tomb Kings" to "Easy Street is Paved with Stolen Gold: Defeat Tomb Kings" but realized it does the same sort of oopsie as the things I didn't like.

Again - fantastic idea. Just awesome!

EDIT: Actually, it's pretty amazing how many of these I would have already done, so that made me think - you'll ask people to only count things done _after_ the list officially goes up, right?

3. Axolotyl
    Temple Guard

Axolotyl New Member

Unstoppable juggernaut did not mention Troglodon

Dodgson will be mad: kill an enemy hero or lord with the troglodon spit attack.

Lizard Matt award: have your trog die without impacting the game.

Matt was wrong, dead wrong: Have your trog claim its own points or greater in a single game

Factor 5000: kill an undead hero or lord with bastilodons solar engine

Hammer time: kill an enemy hero or lord with the bastilodons club attack

Over there, through them trees: prevent the enemy taking cover in trees due to skinks already in the cover

I am the EGGMAN!: successfully use the egg of Quango to win a combat and wipe out the enemy

Hell comes to Frog Town: successfully defeat WoC or DoC only fielding slan characters

They have a T. rex: destroy an empire steam tank with your carnosaur.

4. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

HAHA!, i have an Eggman already then ;)

had a chief wipe out an archer unit alone, without a terradon, due to CR from the egg (even though it fluffed a bit and only killed 2) and himself kicking ass :p

5. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

I'd love to see this come to this forum (it has been used in other Warhammer forums to varying success). I look forward to seeing this added!

Personally, a system I would rather see added is one where fellow community members can give a poster recognition for a good post. The ogrestronghold uses "gnoblars" to signify influence, maybe the Lizardmen equivalent is "Lustrian Artifacts" (signifying a member's accumulated wealth/ancient knowledge)? Just a thought!

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Sometimes that's accomplished with simple "reputation" but that's more of an issue for the Ideas and Feedback subforum.

I will look into removing my opinions from some of the names when I have more time (I'm on break at work right now). As for the EDIT, I'll leave that up to the community and/or mods. I was thinking we'd count all games played with the new book or all games played in 8th ed.

7. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

=> Okedoke. The only reason I bring it up is because it seems to me that this idea is about motivation to play more and be more active on the forum. Having to achieve those things again is certainly motivating! :)

8. Scalenex
    Slann

I think it would be disheartening to have to repeat things you've already done, but that's my humble opinion. I've added a poll on the subject so everyone can weigh in.

9. Silverbolt
    Temple Guard

Silverbolt Active Member

Friend of Bob: appear in a Spawning of Bob cartoon

N810's second job: use an avatar made by N810

The best koco is from Alaska: use custom dice designed by Lustria-Online

My Precious: use both sets of custom dice designed by Lustria-Online

10. Scalenex
    Slann

I updated the OP to incorporate suggestions up to this point. I'm on the fence about Silverbolt's suggestions though.

I'll open that for discussion: Should we allow achievements that are purely forum based?

EDIT: I also snuck in a link to an underappreciated 1980s song.

11. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Love the idea! I laughed my way through the list, haha.

As for implementation of achievements, I'm a little torn. I've been playing since 5th, so there are a lot of things that I can knock off on the checklist already. But then again, it's not very fun for everyone if all the olderplayer's (snicker snicker...) suddenly have tons of achievements. I'd like to work my way through the list, you know? I wanna be able to say, "DING!!" during my games.

My $0.02, so long as we keep the post count and title to let people acknowledge tenure on the site, the achievements would be a fun addition for us to start working towards. So I think we should start after the list goes live. Of course I clicked a different option in the poll because I didn't convince myself beforehand...

I like the ideas for adding in too. Especially the monster specific ones like the Basti tail smash kill and a couple of the Trog ones. As for additions I can think of a couple things that I would consider rites of passage:

-Really?: Lose a Stegadon/Carnosaur to a single shot from a cannon/stone thrower on Turn 1.

-Are you serious!?: Lose a Stegadon and a Carnosaur to a single shot from different cannons/stone throwers on Turn 1.

It's fun cause you can potentially get both achievements in one game! Haha...hah...ha..h...hmm.

EDIT: and Alaska does have the best koco, btw

12. T_Saurus
    Cold One

T_Saurus Member

How about:

Well this is over...: Have your Slann Dweller'd off the table top of Turn 1.

Got that at my last tournament...

13. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Love the idea, but think it should be available at any point, though the bigger awards should require some proof, so if you win a tourney, you need photographic proof).

EDIT:

Do you think it might be easier to simplify them a bit?

So you could have one award for amazing battlefield stunts and one for howlers? This might be easier than having tons of ones, especially if a person has a list of all achievements under their name, then it really would get long.

14. pgarfunkle
    Saurus

pgarfunkle Member

I love the idea of achievements but I'm curious how they will be displayed?

Will they take the place of the current ranking and do you need to achieve a certain number at a particular level to advance to the next? Or will we have a separate ranking for each of the categories listed?

15. BaronSilasGreenback
    Jungle Swarm

BaronSilasGreenback New Member

I must admit that i prefer the George Clinton version that was in the Super Mario Bros. movie ;)