1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen Army List-2500 Points (With a twist!)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Xlcontiqu, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

So as any of my battle report readers know, I compete in online tournaments. I have joined another and have created a different list. Note that in this tournament environment, the lists are scrutinized, not comped, but many of the cheesy or hard lists do not make it through. So it is somewhat of a softer environment.

I creating this list, I looked at the Lizardmen book as a whole and decided to take a list that highlighted the units of the Lizardmen army list that are very barely used. So here it is, in all its glory!

1 Saurus Oldblood with Light armour, Sword of Bloodshed, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon

1 Skink Priest with Feedback Scroll

1 Skink Chief with Light armour, shield, spear. BSB, Skavenpelt Banner, Horned One

50 Skinks with Full Command

20 Temple Guard with Full Command

10 Temple Guard with Musician, Champion, Blood Statuette of Spite

6 Cold One Cavalry with Full Command, Razor Standard

2 Razordon Hunting Packs

2 Razordon Hunting Packs

So my plan with this list is to use the large Temple Guard unit and the Cold One Cavalry as the major offensive unit. The large Skink blocks are there to provide upwards of 60+ shots a turn and to serve as Stubborn blocks to keep enemy units at way. At least twenty poisoned shots, and a 6+ ward save should prove to make them tougher to kill and force other units to think twice about charging them. The Razordons will provide more shooting support, the Priest magic defense, and the BSB an additional attack to the already deadly Cold One Cavalry.

I am thinking of dropping the second Temple Guard unit for a banner on the larger one and maybe some Jungle Swarms, but at the moment, I am a little undecided.

Comments are greatly appreciated!

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Props for using such an unusual list...
    I have no idea how this will work out in an actual game..?

Will you be fielding the huge skink blocks 10 wide ?

Still not sure that horned one skaven banner combo is legit.

3. Sao
    Cold One

Sao New Member

The FAQ says the Horned One is now a magical mount and paid for in character summery but does not limit on taking magical items (eg magical item point limit and able to take magical BSB)

If that makes sense....

And the list looks like, alot of virtual painting!

Lloyd

4. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

I honestly don't know what to say about this list...:p

It's....so.....different!

It looks fun, but once your TG/SCOR our killed/thinned out: then what do you do.
    You have no lore of life to regrow them, or any other 'stuff that kills'.

What I am very interested in, is in how your skinks will perform! :D
    I surely hope they score massive kills :)

Good luck!

The Hunted

5. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

This is the main issue I see. I figure that the stubborn skink blocks can hold smaller groups of troops, and maybe even win one or two of the fights. That way, once the TG/SCOR get through the other troops they can come back and finish off the ones that the skinks are holding.

This is a fairly offensive list, as the TG/SCOR have to get into the enemy lines without being too depleted. So it will be a play style that I am somewhat unaccustomed to, but I think the change is good, and I have good hopes for this list.

6. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Music to my ears...

On a more serious note:
    Changing the way you play/change your army list is pretty much always good. It forces you to play with sub-optimal choices and also forces you to think differently about units/tactics. Instead of the old: run forward, combat, pursue-kind of thing. You might get: run forward, run backward, flee, rally, hold charge, flank him, pursue (random example).
    It also helps to keep the fun in the game, ánd sets your opponent off-guard.
    I mean: 50 skinks? c'mon....

The Hunted