1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Lizardmen view on other races

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Zeprot, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Alexius
    Skink

Alexius New Member

Imho LM:
    - will never ally with:

O&G -> the only race that saurus warriors weren't able to exterminate ( this was in Old Ones plans so probably not even a single slann will dare to change this )

Chaos Warriors / Beastmen / Demons / Skavens -> LM arch-enemies. Creatures of chaos that should be killed

- may ally with:

DE -> LM seems to think that DE, WE and HE are the same. If so, than alliance with DE should be as possible as with HE.

Humans

other Elves

I have no idea what they will think about the dead ( vampires, khemri ).

2. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

You forgot dwarves, i'd put them in the same likelyhood as humans, as long as the little buggers never get wise as to who caused the great quakes ;)

As for the Undead, they are generally regarded like a deviation from the great plan and either exterminated or avoided.

3. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Generally i'd assume lizardmen see warmblooded races as too emotional, illogical and unpredicable.
    Sort of like how nerds see women...

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

I always had the feeling that while the "good" races were originally made to work the Old Ones' plans, they are too far deviate, and many Slann think they need to "reset" the plan, which means major pruning of all races.

There have been several comments made about treasure hunters, as well, and what I got from the fiction in the Army Book is that the Lizardmen leave the plunderers alone unless something important is taken. i.e. grab all the gold coins and idols you want, but you leave those plaques alone!

--DF2K

5. Javrid
    Jungle Swarm

Javrid New Member

Hello everyone!
    Well, as I can recall from 6th edition AB Norse from skeggi being beset by Lizardmen, just thrown away all plundered treasures and Lizzies took only one plaque and went away. But on the other hand they kill most of travellers who are defiling their ruins or places of power deep in the jungle.
    And it is the Mazdamundi who tells that all races should sit still in places originally created for them (of course he's most ancient and most powerful living Slann, but some of his brethren may not agree with him).
    What is most annoying to me is that GW writes in AB that Lizzies would NEVER ally to Chaos, Skaven O&G, Undead, DE but in official campaigns they can ally with Daemons as well as with the Empire...

6. Croc Monitor
    Jungle Swarm

Croc Monitor New Member

Lizardmen just want to fulfill the Old Ones Great Plan. Therefore, any of the races created by the old ones are effectively part of the old ones plan and as such would warrant a degree of protection, although this rarely happens because of the great fall messing with the plan and the lizardmen having to defend what's left of the Temple Cities and build up their strength.

I think the Lizardmen can distinguish between races so they can make subtle distinctions, i.e. high elves part of plan and good (but keep them to Ulthuan), dark elves splinter faction alligned with chaos and disorder so bad, kill.

Personally I think the Lizardmen will probably become less insular and more pro-active in their war against chaos since Mazdamundi thinks that sorting chaos out and putting everyone and everything back where there supposed to be should be their first step in fullfilling the Old Ones' plans untill they come back (assuming there still alive. Kroak asks, you never heard me say that!)

7. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Like i said Mazdamundys reading of the plaques does seem to hint that the age of isolation is at an end.
    His plan seems to be as follows.
    1. Restore geomantic web to banish chaos.
    2. Sort out the deviations in the races originally created by the old ones.
    3. Fynally get around to actually solving the orc problem.

8. Javrid
    Jungle Swarm

Javrid New Member

Do you guys know what lizzies think about ogres and halflings? They aren't mentioned nowhere in AB, but I think they weren't born from chaos, were they?

9. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I don't believe either are born of chaos and Halflings are actually very resilient to chaos.

10. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

The book dosen't mention them specifically but i think it mentions that just before they left the Old Ones left some chaos resistant races behind. Both Ogres and Halflings are generally considered chaos resistant.

11. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Halflings and Ogres where the last two races created by the old ones are are considered unfinished,
    since the old ones had to depart before they had completed their work on them.

12. Javrid
    Jungle Swarm

Javrid New Member

Where did you get that information?

13. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

It's in the Lizardman book, Altho it may have been from the 6th edition book.
    It was in the first part where they talk about the races created by the old ones.

14. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Takes a look... Oh yea it's on page 6 seems Ogres and Halflings where rushed into existance at the same time Men where.

15. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

I would guess that the halflings are allowed to exist since they are just as much a part of the old ones plan as the other good races. All these races have flaws (dwarves are too greedy, Elves are too proud, Men are too susceptible to chaos and halflings are too weak). My problem with allowing the Ogres to remain is that I considder them severely tainted by chaos because of the great maw (wich must have been a massive chunk of warp-stone splitting of from the chaos moon). The great maw made them into what they are today and cursed them with an insatiable hunger. Therefor they are no longer a part of the plan and must be purged. If any ogres where not affected by the maw then I see no reason why they wouldnt get to stay.

16. Ithumaer
    Skink

Ithumaer New Member

Well, you could argue that while the Dwarves suffer from greed and the High Elves from pride, the poor Ogres suffer from terrifying gluttony. The Lizardmen are by far the top "Order" army in the game. Their greatest foe is the Daemons of Chaos, and the Lizardmen will do anything and everything to ensure the world is returned to the perfect order it once knew. Whereas the High Elves are arguably the top "Good" race, as they'll travel around the world to stop the "Evil" armies. Just as I believe Daemons are the top "Chaos" army, not really and truly evil, for there's stories of the daemons shooting themselves in the foot just to cause more disorder and chaos in the world. They'll gladly slaughter their own and give up the chance at a perfect victory, simply to cause more disorder. Whereas the Dark Elves are the most calm and collected of the "Evil" races, picking their fights, raping and pillaging, etc.

However, as far as the Lizardmen are concerned, I think that after the Age of Isolation, the Lizardmen are more then aware of the Dark Elves as opposed to the High Elves, though at first their was some confusion. Just the same, the Lizardmen have zero trouble in the Siege of Hexoatl story in knowing who and what they're up against. The are the guardians of the world order, and they will make absolutely sure everything deviation for the Great Plan is removed.

-Ithumaer

17. JesseS
    Skink

JesseS New Member

The Lizardmen can DEFINITELY tell the various sub-races apart.

On page 25 of the newest army book has in year 2349 the Lizardmen magically creating a bridge from the Culchan Plains to the Citadel of Dusk, the High Elves think they are going to invade until a fleet of Dark Elves attacks from the sea, the Lizardmen drive them off, saving the Citadel (which is an important point in the Geomantic Web) and then just return to LUstria.

I think that pretty much shows 100% that the Lizardmen are fully aware of the difference between the Dark Elves and High Elves.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  18. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Or it could simply be that they feared the destruction of the site.

19. JesseS
    Skink

JesseS New Member

@eppe; That still demonstrates that they easily grasp the difference, and understand motives, because they understood that the Dark Elves were a threat to the site and the High Elves weren't.

20. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

True but that doesn't mean they see HE’s as necessarily better than DE’s. The bottom line is that Lizardmen believe they are exacting the will of the old ones. It’s not who is good or who is bad, it’s who is going to cause harm to their heirlooms or the plan.