1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen vs. Beastmen in 8th edition

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Sun Drinker, Aug 16, 2010.

1. sabastionz
    Jungle Swarm

sabastionz New Member

Hey all,
    I am going to be playing a 4000p game vs Beastmen and i am wondering any tips for larger games, he has told me he will not be taking any Mino's so i am wondering what he can take, i guess inf blocks...

2. zamtap
    Skink

zamtap New Member

How does ambush work? does it count as the units move for the turn, when do they turn up, can they ambush into combat?

3. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

Beastmen roll for ambush in the Remaining Moves phase, so no they cannot ambush into combat. And when an ambushing unit does enter the battle, it starts from a random table edge so it isn't as effective as it sounds.

For a unit to be held back in ambush, there has to be an identical (or larger) unit placed normally, so it will really thin out his forces. In a smaller game, I wouldn't worry at all about ambush - at 4000 points, he can afford to hold a few units back, but the randomness means that they are unlikely to be a major problem for Lizardmen (it would be a different story against a gunline or war machine-heavy army).

Also remember that only Gors and Ungors can ambush. So no worry about Minotaurs or Bestigors surprising you.