1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Mammals in Lustria

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Kezza921, May 25, 2015.

1. Kezza921
    Skink

Kezza921 New Member

I know there are a ton of lizards in lustria and some non lizards but what about large scale mammals like large cats or something?

2. Xbalanque
    Saurus

Xbalanque Member

There re jaguars of course but i guess you are looking for even bigger cats?

3. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

haha, you should rephrase the question: What do lizardmen eat?

anyway...I dont think the 3rd editions lizards left many cats alive.

[​IMG]

Qupakoco likes this.
  4. Xbalanque
    Saurus

Xbalanque Member

Fodder for your Carnosaur , dark elves they are mammals to are they?

How to become a Jaguar Warrior => Kill Cat , Get Skin , Wear Skin = Jaguar Warrior

Btw does someone now how to paint jaguar fur ?

And does someone remember Leopolds Lepards one of the mercennaries which habe been in the game in the past.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  5. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Jaguars for sure, and I cant pinpoint it, but I seem to have read SOMETHING about some kind of monkey.

And then of course all intruding warm-bloods.

6. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

I would say the Dark Elves are mammals, at least their females have very nice mammaries...

7. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

I seriously doubt this forum is the right place to vent all your dirty fantasies and weird fetishes ;)

But yeah, they do look like mammals

8. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

As the picture proves, I'm a horny old goat.

Qupakoco and borkbork like this.
  9. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Vaguely.

They were a Dogs of War unit from a Tilean (Italia) city-state (Luccina?) and their Leopard garb/standard, or whatever it was, did not particularly have anything to do with Lustria. According to the link: a bit of a knock-off of the Romulus/Remus legend but with the Wolf replaced by a Leopard.++

++A Two-headed, Tilean Leopard, no less.

The Dogs of War unit that had a Lustria connected backstory was Pirazzo's Lost Legion.

Reference on the Lustria map somewhere; perhaps to a giant ape?

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  10. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

I believe that it is stated both in this edition of the army book and in some of the older,that there's both monkey cries and birds singing in the jungles of Lustria. So defiantly some mammalian life forms.

Cats, monkeys and or apes, bats (I'm sure I read it somewhere) and most likely rotten as well ( beside skavens ;) ); pretty much what you'll expect in a modern jungle, taking away big mammals and replacing them with dinosaurs :D

11. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Orc incursions have probably introduced Pigs and Squigs. Skaven would have introduced various grades of rodent. Birds certainly abound but are not mammals. They are warm-blooded but not mammals.

Are our various dinosaurish things cold-blooded or warm-blooded? Current scientist-thinking is that real-world dinos were warm blooded creatures.

12. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

I dont care too much about fluff so i am not entirely sure, but acording to fluff squigs are not mammals. No clue what they supposed to be though.

13. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

According to the 8th edition, canibal monkey -kin and big cats, so as a lot of people mentioned there's ape like creatures for sure.

Wether or not dinosaurs were warm-blooded is a larger question to answer than just yes or no ;)
    Newest data suggest that small, theropods definitely was; were as larger dinosaurs had a thermal system which were somewhat cold-blooded, but due to their size had a fairly constant temperature. Not a mechanism any animal uses today, as far as I'm aware off. :p

borkbork likes this.
  14. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Yea, I didn't think Squigs were mammals either. Just included them on the list of non-reptiles. What does fluff say about them?

I made up something once to explain how they could infest a region long after the Orc armies had been vanquished but I don't ever remember reading anything official.

15. Kezza921
    Skink

Kezza921 New Member

Awesome, although for my army theme it does require big cats the size that you ride on, anyone know where I could get some?

I could use white lions but I would have to remove the mane

16. bhuddiver
    Skink

bhuddiver Member

@pendrake @borkbork If memory serves they are a type of fungus, just like greenskins (half fungus, half animal)

17. pendrake
    Skink Priest

That would be the umpteenth time I have heard the orcs-are-fungus thing from other gamers but I have yet to read the Lords of the Citadel version. OOP maybe?

18. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Reaper Mini has a ton, Takes a bit of searching though the figure finder though.
    http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03668