1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Metal or Resin Chakax/Eternity Warden

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by A_Reptile_Dysfunction, Jan 19, 2020.

1. A_Reptile_Dysfunction
    Cold One

A_Reptile_Dysfunction Well-Known Member

So I stopped playing the hobby due to career around the time the eternity warden released. But before that I was an avid collector of all things Lizardmen regardless of what was good or not.

Over the last year I’m back into the hobby and have spent much of my time rebasing my almost 10K points, getting my hands on the new kits (well, to me at least) such as the fliers, Bastiladon and the Carno/Trog kit and I even started my own lustrian board!

The one thing I’m missing is an eternity warden, I’ve been trying to get hold of the metal one as I’ve heard the resin kits are a nightmare and I’d much prefer the original. But they seem very hard to come by so what would you fellow lizard lovers suggest? Wait and pay more for a metal one or just go ahead and get the resin one at a cheaper price.

Warden and LizardWizard like this.
  2. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

brainxigor Well-Known Member

Personally I would try to get my hands on the metal version, everything I've seen or read about the resin of GW wants me not to put up any money for that stuff, no matter how much I want that miniature.

3. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Why not try to build one out of a saurus guard and bits from the knight on the back?

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome back the hobby!

I got lucky with my resin cast. If there are any issues with the casting I just keep sending them back to GW until I get a good one though. I haven't had any issues doing this, if you are willing to put in the time.

Unless you have a pressing need to put the Eternity Warden on the table then I would just wait for the metal one :D

A_Reptile_Dysfunction likes this.
  5. A_Reptile_Dysfunction
    Cold One

A_Reptile_Dysfunction Well-Known Member

I bought some finecast flesh hounds to convert into hunting packs and they were fine however it was only the frills and one leg or two that I had to glue to the model. The Eternity warden has a large number of pieces that will no doubt be fiddly whichever I go for but I think I’ll go for the metal one.

I could do that but it’s more from a collectors standpoint rather than a requirement to run Eternal Starhost.

Egres and LizardWizard like this.
  6. Chef_xenos
    Skink

Chef_xenos Member

Id love to get one to use as my krox on my bloodbowl team

LizardWizard likes this.